Boston Bruins Charlie Coyle to the Bruins for Donato and a conditional 5th-rounder- 4th if B's make 2nd round - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Already started. Rumors and whispers have been out that Teddy was bothering Neely and Sweeney and calling all the time. That along with the story of his agent being a hard ass and signing a 2 year instead of 3 year deal, and how he'd be a difficult resign after he hits RFA status, and other guys organizationally had already passed him by. All that already floated out to the media well before RD played last night. :laugh:
First off, they were joking about the Teddy stuff simply because he's friends with Cam and Don. Secondly, they aren't wrong to explore why his deal was only 2 years and they aren't wrong about it being difficult to re-sign him because he isn't in Boston currently. They also aren't wrong that other prospects seem to have passed him on the depth chart.

None of that is a smear campaign

Reactions: Strafer

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
First off, they were joking about the Teddy stuff simply because he's friends with Cam and Don. Secondly, they aren't wrong to explore why his deal was only 2 years and they aren't wrong about it being difficult to re-sign him because he isn't in Boston currently. They also aren't wrong that other prospects seem to have passed him on the depth chart.

None of that is a smear campaign

Ugh. Go back and read through it all. Was in response to Lou asking when stories like that would start to come out. All I said was stories like that are already coming out. I did not authenticate or double verify where they came from, just that they were out. :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Ugh. Go back and read through it all. Was in response to Lou asking when stories like that would start to come out. All I said was stories like that are already coming out. I did not authenticate or double verify where they came from, just that they were out. :laugh:
And I'm just saying nothing those two said were in any way rumors or stories. If someone took what those two boobs said as gospel then a. theyre a moron b. have nothing better to do and c. probably Murphy

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
There is a difference of being "out" and being "made up"

Reactions: Alicat

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
There is a difference of being "out" and being "made up"

And like I told Volcano, if you want to attribute it to being made up rather than leaked, have at it. It's up to the person to draw their own conclusions. I don't really care which way you choose to attribute it to, because I'm not invested enough in Ryan Donato to actually give a crap about it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
And I'm just saying nothing those two said were in any way rumors or stories. If someone took what those two boobs said as gospel then a. theyre a moron b. have nothing better to do and c. probably Murphy

Sure, but what does that have to do with whether or not there are stories of that nature already out there? Which is what Lou was asking. He didn't ask where they came from or who said them, just how long before they are, and the answer was they were already out there.

I don't get why people are arguing this because I'm not saying the Bruins leaked or smeared the guy. Just like I said earlier that I didn't think Donato's comments about last night were directed at Cassidy or the Bruins and meant to be a slight at them.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I will say though that teams, agents, and players absolutely do use the media to get their version of the story out there as well as to rip each other on the way out the door.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Sure, but what does that have to do with whether or not there are stories of that nature already out there? Which is what Lou was asking. He didn't ask where they came from or who said them, just how long before they are, and the answer was they were already out there.

I don't get why people are arguing this because I'm not saying the Bruins leaked or smeared the guy. Just like I said earlier that I didn't think Donato's comments about last night were directed at Cassidy or the Bruins and meant to be a slight at them.
In this case I don't think there are any stories about Donato being leaked by the Bruins. IMO, any leaking is from Donato and his agent directly.

That said, I haven't seen any negative stories about him

Reactions: LSCII

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
And like I told Volcano, if you want to attribute it to being made up rather than leaked, have at it. It's up to the person to draw their own conclusions. I don't really care which way you choose to attribute it to, because I'm not invested enough in Ryan Donato to actually give a crap about it.
That explains all your posts in here about him today.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bruins are supposed to start practice shortly so we should get an idea on how Coyle will be used tomorrow

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I also think this is an organization issue because why draft a guy that doesn't fit your preferred style of play and try to change them into what they've never been? Seems like they'd have a better track record of drafting players that would be better suited for their style of play than taking offensive minded guys and forcing them to become complete players at this point, no? Yet they keep drafting/signing young speedy, offensive minded guys and most don't succeed here.
Well, they did that when they didn't take Voldezal and people poop on Sweeney daily about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad