Confirmed with Link: Charlie Coyle to the Bruins for Donato and a conditional 5th-round pick - 4th if B's make 2nd round

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What you talking about? I posted his size and your saying that .Wait till he plays here before bashing him.Donato never played big .

Don't get your panties in a bunch there, Cochise. I simply said that while you posted his size and inferred he'd be a physical player, you're not right. He won't be because that's not his game.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Hey, third line depth. Enough maybe to push Backes out of the lineup for good, maybe?

I'm just saying, for the trade, it's not great to lose young talent, but in this case, if this team wants to make a push beyond the first round, this team cannot become a one-line-only team again. Coyle isn't perfect, but neither does he break the bank.

I wish Donato success in Minnesota. Coyle as a Bruin will be fine, as long as he's a third line player. I'm only worried that this is Sweeney's reach for a top 6 scoring winger. If it isn't, then what's the problem?

Reactions: Strafer and LSCII

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I had both coyle and donato in my sim league team... and traded both away. while I had them, I had opportunity to research both guys.

they are similar guys in their strength/weakness...

obviously coyle is much bigger and shoots right
donato is younger/cheaper

coyle has been an underachiever but now he gets a fresh start... and hes coming home... that could help.

I do think a coyle/krejci/debrusk line has some good potential to be a playoff worthy second line.

I don't see coyle ending up at center full time. it is a bit sad that this could cost Heinen his spot. pastrnak moves back to the Bergeron/marchand line if coyle is with krecji/debrusk

but if we can find a center to play with a rejuvenated Heinen on the third line it might end up making sense.

donato was a guy I would have preferred to keep over Heinen/Bjork but coyle is a guy I like better than any of these three. my grade... good trade... im happy

Reactions: Strafer

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Donato will be a good player but these are the moves you have to make to keep a cup contending roster together and add more firepower. I'm okay with this trade. Good luck to Donato!
I agree and have to say I like your name "Riverbottom "..Nightmare band :laugh:. We watch Emmet Otter every Christmas Eve and have been since my daughter was very young (she is 39 now) . It is Tradition (Along with White Christmas and Christmas eve on Sesame St)

Reactions: Strafer and Ritmo

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Donnie makes a move, and right on cue, without Coyle ever having played in a minute in a Bruins uniform people are hating it. :laugh:

Not sure I understand this. People are rightfully basing opinions of trade on the player Coyle has been and what they think Donato can be.

Reactions: Strafer

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
It's a win-win for both sides. Coyle the better player now and the Bruins are trying to win a cup. Donato and a 5th better long term for rebuilding Wild.

Coyle is a RW/C so can be tried in either spot before the deadline. I've wanted him as a Bruin for years. My MN friends tell me he was really the only guy that shows up for playoffs. Always checking hard and winning puck battles. All the dirty stuff you want from a playoff guy.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
45 point 3rd line center that gets all his points at EV Strength for the organization #7 LW is a huge win

Marchand Bergeron xxx/Pasta
DeBrusk Krejci xxx/Pasta
Heinen Coyle Cehlarik/Nordstrom
Kuraly Acciari Wagner

1 piece away I don’t think we make this move unless we had another move lined up since this doesn’t put us over the top...but 1 Top 6 RW and we will be on Tampa level

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I had both coyle and donato in my sim league team... and traded both away. while I had them, I had opportunity to research both guys.

they are similar guys in their strength/weakness...

obviously coyle is much bigger and shoots right
donato is younger/cheaper

coyle has been an underachiever but now he gets a fresh start... and hes coming home... that could help.

I do think a coyle/krejci/debrusk line has some good potential to be a playoff worthy second line.

I don't see coyle ending up at center full time. it is a bit sad that this could cost Heinen his spot. pastrnak moves back to the Bergeron/marchand line if coyle is with krecji/debrusk

but if we can find a center to play with a rejuvenated Heinen on the third line it might end up making sense.

donato was a guy I would have preferred to keep over Heinen/Bjork but coyle is a guy I like better than any of these three. my grade... good trade... im happy

If the plan is to use Coyle on the second line, I may drive to the Warrior Ice Arena and literally choke the life out of Sweeney. Not good enough. :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
45 point 3rd line center that gets all his points at EV Strength for the organization #7 LW is a huge win

Marchand Bergeron xxx/Pasta
DeBrusk Krejci xxx/Pasta
Heinen Coyle Cehlarik/Nordstrom
Kuraly Acciari Wagner

1 piece away I don’t think we make this move unless we had another move lined up since this doesn’t put us over the top...but 1 Top 6 RW and we will be on Tampa level
yeah no way DS thinks this is/will be all this team needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad