Player Discussion Charlie Coyle - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think it's obviously a good thing he wants to be and is aiming to be better, but our center "ranking" on the depth chart is legitimately unarguable right now: Bergeron-Krejci-Coyle-Kuraly. Maybe the search for a RW for Krejci messes something up, or Bergeron being out a bit pushes him up, but I think it's something that's set in stone otherwise.

Reactions: Estlin

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think it's obviously a good thing he wants to be and is aiming to be better, but our center "ranking" on the depth chart is legitimately unarguable right now: Bergeron-Krejci-Coyle-Kuraly. Maybe the search for a RW for Krejci messes something up, or Bergeron being out a bit pushes him up, but I think it's something that's set in stone otherwise.

I hope you are right. The hole on Krejci's wing is gaping and I'm not sure the Bruins will be able to resist the temptation to put #13 there.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I hope you are right. The hole on Krejci's wing is gaping and I'm not sure the Bruins will be able to resist the temptation to put #13 there.

I'd love to see Kuraly on the third. The fourth doesn't need him.

But fans are as stubborn as the organization probably would hate giving Sean a bigger role or daring to play Brad and Patrice on different lines etc etc.

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

But fans are as stubborn as the organization probably would hate giving Sean a bigger role or daring to play Brad and Patrice on different lines etc etc.
but we have seen Kuraly play 3rd line minutes haven`t we? I think he`s a guy who can slide into a 3rd line role in short order but IMO, I think he fits best in a 4th line role

Reactions: BBB24 and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
but we have seen Kuraly play 3rd line minutes haven`t we? I think he`s a guy who can slide into a 3rd line role in short order but IMO, I think he fits best in a 4th line role

Right. You can't run a successful team on the Peter Principle.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Kuraly is perfect where he is. The Bruins get in trouble when they put players where they do not belong, such as the top six over the years.

Coyle is more flexible at least. He could play top six wing or third line center.

Reactions: Estlin

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

When?

We just loaded up on guys who would be great 4th line centers. It’s a perfect time to try Kuraly in a bigger role he didn’t come here with NHL experience he’s got 150+ NHL games now and is in his prime. Why assume he can’t do more?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Kuraly is perfect where he is. The Bruins get in trouble when they put players where they do not belong, such as the top six over the years.

Coyle is more flexible at least. He could play top six wing or third line center.

Lindholm and Gauche can both be perfect 4 Cs.

There was enough offense from Kuraly last year to suggest 30-40 points in a higher role. Coyle might flirt with 30 goals on DKs wing in a contract year. And add size.

Why not try it Because Kuralys a good 4th liner and you can’t risk weakening the 4th line?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Lindholm and Gauche can both be perfect 4 Cs.

There was enough offense from Kuraly last year to suggest 30-40 points in a higher role. Coyle might flirt with 30 goals on DKs wing in a contract year. And add size.

Why not try it Because Kuralys a good 4th liner and you can’t risk weakening the 4th line?

Didn't Kuraly get the chance to start as the 3C last season?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
When?

We just loaded up on guys who would be great 4th line centers. It’s a perfect time to try Kuraly in a bigger role he didn’t come here with NHL experience he’s got 150+ NHL games now and is in his prime. Why assume he can’t do more?

Because he didn't do more when he was in the role last year. Some guys just work in certain spots. 4th line center is HIS spot.

The bruins loaded up on 4th liners but they are also easily spendable to Providence if a kid impresses. Here's how I see it:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak/????
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- ??????/Pastrnak
Heinen** -- Coyle -- XXXX
Nordstrom -- Kuraly -- Wagner
////////////

????? = Bjork, Studnicka, Heinen**, Kuhlman

XXXX = Bjork, Studnicka, Kuhlman

////////// = Lindholm, Ritchie

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Because he didn't do more when he was in the role last year. Some guys just work in certain spots. 4th line center is HIS spot.

The bruins loaded up on 4th liners but they are also easily spendable to Providence if a kid impresses. Here's how I see it:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak/????
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- ??????/Pastrnak
Heinen** -- Coyle -- XXXX
Nordstrom -- Kuraly -- Wagner
////////////

????? = Bjork, Studnicka, Heinen**, Kuhlman

XXXX = Bjork, Studnicka, Kuhlman

////////// = Lindholm, Ritchie

Kuraly was even better at 4th line LW with Noel at center- but not sure if Nordstrom would be any good there. Maybe a Kuraly-Lindholm-Wagner 4th line since Lindholm is a center.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Kuraly was even better at 4th line LW with Noel at center- but not sure if Nordstrom would be any good there. Maybe a Kuraly-Lindholm-Wagner 4th line since Lindholm is a center.

Didn't want too much confusion/combinations but I could see this happening. Nordstrom is a contender for a spot.

I also forgot Backes who factors into any of 3L, 4L or 13th.

Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Athletic has a story out where they ask all the players who will break out this season. A few of them said Clifton but almost everyone else said Coyle. They said he's been amazing in practice.

He's been amazing in the preseason too. He's dangling so much more than before, hope he keeps using his hands.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The Athletic has a story out where they ask all the players who will break out this season. A few of them said Clifton but almost everyone else said Coyle. They said he's been amazing in practice.

He's been amazing in the preseason too. He's dangling so much more than before, hope he keeps using his hands.

Sounds like he’s ready to have a Guerin type last year in Boston. Especially if DK and PB miss time. An extension before the year starts would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->