Player Discussion Charlie Coyle - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I mean how much better does he need to get? He's not getting 63 or 88 on his wing. DeBrusk is one of the top 20 goal scoring LW's over the last 3 years at 5v5. Krejci's had a revovling door if wingers and still able to put up good numbers. Hell in a down year this year and in less games he still had more points than Coyle...and at 34yr old he's 7yr older than Coyle
He's clearly taken a step this year. His most common linemate was Bjork, who has absolutely no finish in his game. Coyle is a guy that create for others, he's not really a finisher himself. If you think Krejci was better than Coyle this season I question if you actually watched.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I mean how much better does he need to get? He's not getting 63 or 88 on his wing. DeBrusk is one of the top 20 goal scoring LW's over the last 3 years at 5v5. Krejci's had a revovling door if wingers and still able to put up good numbers. Hell in a down year this year and in less games he still had more points than Coyle...and at 34yr old he's 7yr older than Coyle

you’re making my point for me.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
He's clearly taken a step this year. His most common linemate was Bjork, who has absolutely no finish in his game. Coyle is a guy that create for others, he's not really a finisher himself. If you think Krejci was better than Coyle this season I question if you actually watched.

I've watched plenty, Coyle isn't a 2C for a cup contender

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
How so lol

you pimped debrusk’s numbers and then said Krejci has had a revolving door, as if Debrusk and Coyle have played together for three full seasons. When really it’s been Krejci playing with Debrusk

Coyle skates with the Ritchies and the Bjorks of the world. Give him time (and i mean real time, not a game) with better players and i think He has a a good a chance as any other third line center to hit 55.

lol

Reactions: StrBender

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The trade worked out great, though I had high hopes for Donato and wasn't happy to see him go.

The extension, on the other hand, too rich a cap hit for a deal bringing a third liner into his mid 30s. He is very good and I am glad he is on the team, but that doesn't mean I'd celebrate the contract.

It's a tad high but it isn't anything to crazy.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I've watched plenty, Coyle isn't a 2C for a cup contender
If Studnicka progresses to a capable 3C next year, which is very reasonable to assume, in 2021/22 you could be looking at $6.5 million in savings among your top 3 centers. That is huge. Krejci has been this team's highest paid player for the last 5 seasons and will be their highest paid player next season too.

You have to have a little faith in these things in the cap era. Based on what we've seen from Coyle this year, you should feel confident in his ability to be the 2 C. There was a point down the stretch where he was averaging a full 3 minutes more per game than any other forward. He's built up trust to be used in every type of situation. The scoring wingers looked better when they're with him compared to with Krejci. DeBrusk looked at his best with Coyle. Bjork gelled with Coyle but not Krejci.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
you pimped debrusk’s numbers and then said Krejci has had a revolving door, as if Debrusk and Coyle have played together for three full seasons. When really it’s been Krejci playing with Debrusk

Coyle skates with the Ritchies and the Bjorks of the world. Give him time (and i mean real time, not a game) with better players and i think He has a a good a chance as any other third line center to hit 55.

lol

Coyles top 3 linemates this year: Bjork, DeBrusk/Heinen (these two were almost equal in TOI with Coyle)

Krejci top 3 linemates this year: DeBrusk, Heinen, Pastrnak. Khulman wasn't for behind Pasta (20 minute difference).

So outside of Krejci getting Pasta when Bergy went down or Bruce doubling shifting him, Krejci and Coyle had nearly identical linemates.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If Studnicka progresses to a capable 3C next year, which is very reasonable to assume, in 2021/22 you could be looking at $6.5 million in savings among your top 3 centers. That is huge. Krejci has been this team's highest paid player for the last 5 seasons and will be their highest paid player next season too.

You have to have a little faith in these things in the cap era. Based on what we've seen from Coyle this year, you should feel confident in his ability to be the 2 C. There was a point down the stretch where he was averaging a full 3 minutes more per game than any other forward. He's built up trust to be used in every type of situation. The scoring wingers looked better when they're with him compared to with Krejci. DeBrusk looked at his best with Coyle. Bjork gelled with Coyle but not Krejci.

Sorry, but I go back to production, its just not that of a 2C and when he slides to 2C he'll get tougher match-ups. Elite 3C, serviceable #2C, but not a guy whose a legit #2 on a cuo contender. He's shown nothing to prove otherwise and again at 28 has most likely hit his peak.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Sorry, but I go back to production, its just not that of a 2C and when he slides to 2C he'll get tougher match-ups. Elite 3C, serviceable #2C, but not a guy whose a legit #2 on a cuo contender. He's shown nothing to prove otherwise and again at 28 has most likely hit his peak.

Leaving aside the matter of the Bruins struggling to find 2nd line scoring (which we hope they address), a promotion to a 2c should give Coyle better players to work with. We *should* see a production from that. Maybe mitigated by tougher matchups, but it would be up to Sweeney to give Coyle at 2c the right linemates. Given what Krejci has had to put up with the past few years, I am not hopeful, though.

Reactions: BMC

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Leaving aside the matter of the Bruins struggling to find 2nd line scoring (which we hope they address), a promotion to a 2c should give Coyle better players to work with. We *should* see a production from that. Maybe mitigated by tougher matchups, but it would be up to Sweeney to give Coyle at 2c the right linemates. Given what Krejci has had to put up with the past few years, I am not hopeful, though.

Again he and Krejci both got DeBrusk and Heinen throughout the season. Krejci now has Kase while Coyle has Bjork. If Krejci wasn't here and Coyle moved to 2C, is Kase really going to take him from a 40pt player to a 55pt+ player?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Again he and Krejci both got DeBrusk and Heinen throughout the season. Krejci now has Kase while Coyle has Bjork. If Krejci wasn't here and Coyle moved to 2C, is Kase really going to take him from a 40pt player to a 55pt+ player?

Not at all, and I think the jury is still out as to whether Kase is a top 6 wing. He has some potential, but he hasn't shown that he is a legit top 6 guy consistently. I would also argue that neither JDB or Heinen are top 6 NHL forwards either. They are both good players with strong points (and weaknesses), but either one of the two is a 3rd liner in my view.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
And just to add, I think you CAN have a Heinen, Kase, or JDB on your second line with Coyle or Krejci, but if so, he can't be the best winger on that line. That is what the Bruins have lacked for some time now on a consistent basis. Johansson was briefly that guy, as was Nash. Neither was a long-term solution. Otherwise it is Bjork, Stempniak, Stafford, Paul Carey, anyone but a legit 2nd line wing.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Coyle's linemates in the RTP, game-to-game:

Exhibition Game: Bjork-Kuhlman

RR Game 1: Bjork-Kuhlman
RR Game 2: DeBrusk-Bjork
RR Game 3: Ritchie-Bjork

Canes Game 1: Ritchie-Bjork
Canes Game 2: Ritchie-Kuhlman
Canes Game 3: Kuraly-Studnicka
Canes Game 4: Marchand-Bergeron
Canes Game 5: Kuraly-Studnicka

Bolts Game 1: Ritchie-Bjork
Bolts Game 2: Ritchie-Bjork
Bolts Game 3: Ritchie-Wagner
Bolts Game 4: Ritchie-Kuhlman
Bolts Game 5: Bjork-Studnicka

Bjork: 8/14
Ritchie: 7/14
Kuhlman: 4/14
Studnicka: 3/14
Kuraly: 2/14
DeBrusk: 1/14
Wagner: 1/14
Bergeron: 1/14
Marchand: 1/14

He never went more than 2 games with stable wingers on both sides.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Coyle's linemates in the RTP, game-to-game:

Exhibition Game: Bjork-Kuhlman

RR Game 1: Bjork-Kuhlman
RR Game 2: DeBrusk-Bjork
RR Game 3: Ritchie-Bjork

Canes Game 1: Ritchie-Bjork
Canes Game 2: Ritchie-Kuhlman
Canes Game 3: Kuraly-Studnicka
Canes Game 4: Marchand-Bergeron
Canes Game 5: Kuraly-Studnicka

Bolts Game 1: Ritchie-Bjork
Bolts Game 2: Ritchie-Bjork
Bolts Game 3: Ritchie-Wagner
Bolts Game 4: Ritchie-Kuhlman
Bolts Game 5: Bjork-Studnicka

Bjork: 8/14
Ritchie: 7/14
Kuhlman: 4/14
Studnicka: 3/14
Kuraly: 2/14
DeBrusk: 1/14
Wagner: 1/14
Bergeron: 1/14
Marchand: 1/14

He never went more than 2 games with stable wingers on both sides.
Definitely looked best with Stud on his RW, but that didn't last long.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

This is a ridiculous thing to say.

TB hasn't had Stamkos all PO. They are Cup favorites
with Cirelli their #2 center. Maybe prohibitive
Cup favorites and certainly prohibitive Cup
favorites if Vegas checks out.

So are you expecting anyone to believe that
TB would go from Cup favorite or prohibitive
Cup favorite to not a contender if Coyle was their
#2 C and Cirelli was out of the line up? Come on man you are flat out wrong
and this example 100% PROVES IT.

Reactions: wintersej

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
This is a ridiculous thing to say.

TB hasn't had Stamkos all PO. They are Cup favorites
with Cirelli their #2 center. Maybe prohibitive
Cup favorites and certainly prohibitive Cup
favorites if Vegas checks out.

So are you expecting anyone to believe that
TB would go from Cup favorite or prohibitive
Cup favorite to not a contender if Coyle was their
#2 C and Cirelli was out of the line up? Come on man you are flat out wrong
and this example 100% PROVES IT.

Cirelli was playing at a 53pt pace this year...hes also 22yr old and no where close to his prime.

Your example proves nothing

Reactions: shoulders7

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Cirelli was playing at a 53pt pace this year...hes also 22yr old and no where close to his prime.

Your example proves nothing

Lol, you evaded the question.

TB is clearly a Cup contender with

Point-Coyle-Gourde (Johnson) -Paquette

Answer the question is TB not a contender with
that center group?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I dont think so, but I know you'll disagree lol.

You just can't admit your wrong...lol.

That shows you how good TB is. I would put Point and Kucherov as top 10 forwards and guys like Palat, Cirelli, Johnson, Coleman, Gourde, Goodrow and Killorn are excellent at their role. Then the D with Hedman and G Vasyi s excellent.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
id like to see coyle and bergeron swap.
love bergy but hes creating nothing out there rightnow.
My first thought was you’re crazy - but Bergeron centering a shutdown 3rd line wouldn’t be bad at all and could elevate some of these kids. Could also get more out of Coyle to have him ride with some legit scoring threats

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
You just can't admit your wrong...lol.

That shows you how good TB is. I would put Point and Kucherov as top 10 forwards and guys like Palat, Cirelli, Johnson, Coleman, Gourde, Goodrow and Killorn are excellent at their role. Then the D with Hedman and G Vasyi s excellent.

There's no proof im wrong. Again Cirelli playing at a 53pt pace...that 2C production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad