Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I remember headlines last year that not choosing him at the expansion draft was likely the biggest mistake Vegas has done....

At the time of the Expansion Draft this place had many vocal posters who were flabbergasted at the stupidity of Marc Bergevin not protecting Charles Hudon and then they were flabbergasted at the stupidity of George McPhee not drafting Charles Hudon.

None of those people, of course, have subsequently stated they were wrong about Hudon.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He absolutely is worse than Scherbak. Hudon can't skate at the NHL level, period, and none of his other skills are good enough to compensate for that.

He quite simply isn't an NHL quality player.

let me know when Scherbak puts up 30 pts in 72 games in the NHL.

Hudon - 39 pts 110 games .3545 ppg
Scherbak - 8 pts in 37 games .2162 ppg

I do think Scherbak has more skill but he had an even worse year then Hudon and that's saying something as Hudon was terrible.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't get it, what's the problem with anything he said? He wanted a contract, he got one and now he's focused on the season but wants to put last season behind him and while he hopes he stays here he knows that might not be in the cards.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I don't get it, what's the problem with anything he said? He wanted a contract, he got one and now he's focused on the season but wants to put last season behind him and while he hopes he stays here he knows that might not be in the cards.

I have heard something about Hudon....not sure i would like to share it here but since you ask.

Do you ever wonder how some media s were pushing so hard for Hudon? Why a journalist like Machabee almost made it look like he was his son?

Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

It's well known Habs don't want their local players talking too much to the local medias. Apparently Hudon has a big mouth and still does......

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Bad optics to look like you're still whining after you got a gifted contract. And I'm one of the bigger hudon defenders on this board.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I have heard something about Hudon....not sure i would like to share it here but since you ask.

Do you ever wonder how some media s were pushing so hard for Hudon? Why a journalist like Machabee almost made it look like he was his son?

It's well known Habs don't want their local players talking too much to the local medias. Apparently Hudon has a big mouth and still does......

I'm in the states and I don't follow any media for the Habs, so that's something I can't speak to but what local player hasn't the media pushed hard for? From the years of reading this board it sounds like just about every local player has been pushed hard by the media.

I don't know if Hudon has a big mouth or not, all I know is he needs to show a lot more on the ice or he's going to be an AHLer player no matter how badly he doesn't want to be.

Bad optics to look like you're still whining after you got a gifted contract. And I'm one of the bigger hudon defenders on this board.

I don't see any whining, my French isn't very good but it sounds like he was asked if he talked to MB and he said not since early summer. Seems like a nothing burger there.

Reactions: Milhouse40

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm in the states and I don't follow any media for the Habs, so that's something I can't speak to but what local player hasn't the media pushed hard for? From the years of reading this board it sounds like just about every local player has been pushed hard by the media.

I don't know if Hudon has a big mouth or not, all I know is he needs to show a lot more on the ice or he's going to be an AHLer player no matter how badly he doesn't want to be.

I don't see any whining, my French isn't very good but it sounds like he was asked if he talked to MB and he said not since early summer. Seems like a nothing burger there.

Torrey Mitchell :sarcasm:

+ Barberio, maybe?

Reactions: Gains

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Sure, they are rooting for them all but some more than others and Hudon was one of them.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

It's an interesting theory, and I don't doubt you, but it'd be funny for Bergevin to slowly come around to hating the local media after they handed him the job on a silver platter :laugh:

Reactions: Milhouse40

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's an interesting theory, and I don't doubt you, but it'd be funny for Bergevin to slowly come around to hating the local media after they handed him the job on a silver platter :laugh:

And this morning he keeps talking and talking.....now kind of whine about the coach not telling him why he was left out od the line-up.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
He just said he wanted more explanations, which is totally normal in his situation.

Of course it's normal, now just shut up about it in the medias…...the whole world doesn't need to know that.
Just do like the rest of the players, if you have a problem just go to the coach and don't talk about it to the medias.

Don't you think Lehkonen would like a shot at the top 6 or that Deslauriers also wanted to play or Peca.......but you don't hear about it in the medias.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Of course it's normal, now just shut up about it in the medias…...the whole world doesn't need to know that.
Just do like the rest of the players, if you have a problem just go to the coach and don't talk about it to the medias.

Don't you think Lehkonen would like a shot at the top 6 or that Deslauriers also wanted to play or Peca.......but you don't hear about it in the medias.
I don't see the big deal.

Reactions: montreal

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Pretty sure Deslauriers told the Media that he wants to play and works hard for it but in the end the coach has to make decision that will make the team win. No one said he was whining. Hudon pretty much said the same thing, in his own words.

People just rely every comments he makes to last year when he couldn't hold himself.

To me, it's no big deal. He's just being honest towards the Media and it's not whining. He needs to work harder than he ever had and wants to do it with more help from the coaches.

Coach : Charles, you will be left out today aswell.
Charles : Oh man... What do I need to work hard on to make the team?
* Coach has left the chat *

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Of course Bergevin avoided Hudon.

Didn’t want to have to explain how little Julien thinks of him and how much he’s going to enjoy Laval next season. :sarcasm:

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I think the best thing for him would be to give up the NHL. He reached his goal, was drafted by his childhood team, scored a few nice goals to show his kids in the future, made a few good bucks...

If he keep hanging on a league y doesn’t want him he will just waste his best year as a person and as a player. You still love hockey? Go dominate in an European league, on a team you can be a leader and be appreciated, get your family to discover a new culture in a nice city.

Just my opinion. Easier to say when you are not the one making the decision, but if I was him... I’d go to Switzerland or Germany and have a good time being a well liked star, better being a big fish in a smaller pond than a small one in the biggest there is

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think the best thing for him would be to give up the NHL. He reached his goal, was drafted by his childhood team, scored a few nice goals to show his kids in the future, made a few good bucks...

If he keep hanging on a league y doesn’t want him he will just waste his best year as a person and as a player. You still love hockey? Go dominate in an European league, on a team you can be a leader and be appreciated, get your family to discover a new culture in a nice city.

Just my opinion. Easier to say when you are not the one making the decision, but if I was him... I’d go to Switzerland or Germany and have a good time being a well liked star, better being a big fish in a smaller pond than a small one in the biggest there is

He has to give it at least one last rip this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->