Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“Being drafted by an NHL team was just like being handed the ticket that gets you on the train... The train hasn’t gone anywhere yet tho. It was easy to be nervous. You never know exactly what to expect. I'm picky on myself. I want more points. More goals. I want to be better. I want to show that I belong in the NHL. My goal is to be in the NHL... So I've to work as hard as them... But more than that, I want everyone to know it. I'm someone who faces the music. I'm not someone who's going to run and hide or find excuses... If someone wants to talk to me about it, I'll be the first one who will want to talk to them too. About what happened, how the fans feel about it. That's part of life. It's our job. Iwas satisfied I made the team in that time. All year long, for me, it was just about living the dream of a young Quebecer playing for the Montreal Canadiens... And I lived it to the fullest. I came into the league with a lot of desire. Creating a lot of plays and a lot of offense. That's what I'm want to do.”

“It's always a while. Getting scratched is part of hockey. I knew that with the work I was putting in I'd be ready at any moment. It's always fun to have a chance to play. I'm always excited to hit the ice. I can't really control anything... It's in their hands and I'm just waiting for the news.”

“We opened up some eyes. We were focusing on ourselves. On the things that Clode talks about before games to put into practice during games. Momentum can change pretty quickly in a game...”

“Movember is a good thing. My grandparents had cancer. So pretty much whenever we talk about it, whichever cancer it is, I'm getting involved in it. It's a pretty weird month to get a moustache like that. Just leave it like that. That's all I've got. I don't need to dye it. My hair is all black. It's easy like that. But for all of the players who are doing it we're a group together... We sticked together and we were fighting against cancer together. It's a good move like that.”

“With Leucan, it's a great team initiative that helps the kids and puts some smiles on their faces and raises some awareness. Our hair will grow back. A great cause to be a part of...”

“Among my family and friends, everyone knows that they're not allowed to drink and drive. I don't mind being the nag or paying for the taxi, I don't care... Otherwise, they stay over. It's not a prison, obviously, but we'll try to get them to stay. We have plenty of mattresses. So it's easy for people to sleep over and make good choices... My friend Nicholas Antonelli was a goalie. He was our best goalie, actually. We won several tournaments together. He was hit by one of his brother's friends after the party. That friend had decided to drive when he wasn't in a state to do so. Nick made a choice because he wanted to be careful and he's the one who got hit. We were both 17 years old. It's been a little while... But it's still difficult to talk about. To think that he made the right decision and it backfired on him. It's tough. I know he's always with me and he always will be. I talk to him a lot... When I'm at home alone, we talk.”

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I don't doubt that Hudon is working hard to remain in the NHL. Unfortunately. that isn't enough. He isn't being unfairly discriminated against. His talent is just enough for him to linger in the AHL. The emergence of players like Nick Suzuki dooms lesser players like Hudon.

Reactions: Redux91

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't doubt that Hudon is working hard to remain in the NHL. Unfortunately. that isn't enough. He isn't being unfairly discriminated against. His talent is just enough for him to linger in the AHL. The emergence of players like Nick Suzuki dooms lesser players like Hudon.

hudon's skating is his achilles heal.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Hudon doesn't want to go back to the American Hockey League. I understand fully... but I also believe, that in the back of his mind, he knows that if he goes down there again... he might fall lower into the depth chart and not be called up again...

“Among my family and friends, everyone knows that they're not allowed to drink and drive. I don't mind being the nag or paying for the taxi, I don't care... Otherwise, they stay over. It's not a prison, obviously, but we'll try to get them to stay. We have plenty of mattresses. So it's easy for people to sleep over and make good choices... My friend Nicholas Antonelli was a goalie. He was our best goalie, actually. We won several tournaments together. He was hit by one of his brother's friends after the party. That friend had decided to drive when he wasn't in a state to do so. Nick made a choice because he wanted to be careful and he's the one who got hit. We were both 17 years old. It's been a little while... But it's still difficult to talk about. To think that he made the right decision and it backfired on him. It's tough. I know he's always with me and he always will be. I talk to him a lot... When I'm at home alone, we talk.”
Hudon, after scoring, does a sign of the cross for his friend he lost. I don't know if it is the right word, but it's pretty "ironic" that he didn't drink and got hit by the ones who drank. Talk about BAD LUCK!! OMG! -- RIP

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think he's done as a Hab. MB probably tried to move him but there must have been little appetite for him on the market.

Too bad, so sad.

Reactions: Tyson and Redux91

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think he's done as a Hab. MB probably tried to move him but there must have been little appetite for him on the market.

Too bad, so sad.

Laval, another team's AHL squad, or the KHL or Swiss league. He should go where he can make the most money year to year.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
availaableiven the opportunity to display his meager talents. The signing of Byron presaged Hudon's doom. Time to use the available cap room to bring in more gifted players--some of whom are already on the way. The Habs aren't so decrepit that they have to promote dregs from Laval who can't produce 10 goals at the NHL level or even serve as effective muscle men.

Why does this minor leaguer merit this much discussion?

Last edited:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Habs have 11 rfa's by my count, would not be surprised if a couple don't receive qualifying offers including Hudon.

I agree that it might be best for him to move on. Sad for me as he has been one of my favourite prospects to watch develop.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If the Habs are so down on Hudon that they wouldn't even consider giving him a QO, then why did they hold on to him throughout the season when they wouldn't even play him?

Since they wouldn't expose him to waivers in-season, I'm assuming he gets a QO with the idea that he will be sent down to the Rocket.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Let's get something straight. I don't hate Hudon as a person. I point out his inadequacy as an NHL Dman. His stature is subpar. A 220-pound oaf who hits him at full speed could render him a paraplegic.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Hudon is so soft to be regular Montreal Canadien. He's afraid when things get harder. He overstressed when there's pressure accentuated on him. Didn't taken the oppurtunities given on his hand.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Tough to see a guy with so much skill and determination play like he did last year. Constantly behind play, he just didn't leave Julien a lot of choice but to scratch him. Best for both parties if he goes somewhere else.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Hudon, DLR, Big Mac, Scherbak, and the likes, were part of this ''I won't mortgage the future'' philosophy by our great GM. It is very worrisome to here our GM still repeating this at his end of year presser. I guess he learned nothing.
Hudon...easily spottable as a career AHLer..his highest hope, a semi-regular 4th liner for a few years in the NHL. Should have been dangled a while ago.

Reactions: BLONG7

Chet-Nick

Feb 28, 2005
Ontario
Habs have 11 rfa's by my count, would not be surprised if a couple don't receive qualifying offers including Hudon.

Granted Hudon isn't the biggest nor slickest on his skates. As a rookie, with limited playing time, he still posted 30 pts. On a bad (2017-18) team who couldn't score.

When the dust settled. That's not a bad NHL debut. Agree with the points made about him falling lower on the depth chart. If he's traded. Maybe worth a 4th or 5th rounder.

He was the draft pick Columbus sent for asking permission to negotiate with James Wisniewski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->