Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs saying "we haven't given up on Hudon" is saying hes worth something pls xo at the draft... I like Hudon, but hes done in Montreal.
Bergevin hasn't given up on him...lol Meanwhile, he traded for guys left right and centre as the year went on...lol

Sorry Charlie...it's over for sure...but then again, the guy running the show has clown shoes on.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I see Hudon playing in Europe in the not too distant future. Could make a couple of million and invest smartly to have a nice post hockey nest egg.

Bon chance, Charlie!

Reactions: Fixxer and jaffy27

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Go to Laval.
62B83AB0-01FB-4295-9174-30CF7511BE29.jpeg

I agree, they have a great hockey program there...

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Bergevin hasn't given up on him...lol Meanwhile, he traded for guys left right and centre as the year went on...lol

Sorry Charlie...it's over for sure...but then again, the guy running the show has clown shoes on.
To be fair, Hudon is horrible at hockey.

Reactions: jaffy27

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

He's got some qualities. He can make a decent living in this game, but the NHL doesnt seem like that place.

I think some NHL team will take a flyer on him, but he will ultimately end up on a good European team.

Reactions: Fixxer

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I don't think he is horrible in terms of hockey skills. His problem is his size and skating. He is not able to create time and space for himself and rushes decisions with the puck cause he knows his time to make a decision is limited. He needs to be an elite level skater and he is not so this is why he is where he is.

Reality. Sorry Hudon, you didn't improve from where you were at the age of 20 so now you are in jeopardy of not even getting a NHL contract.

Saku K

AKA Saku K.
Jul 28, 2002
3-Rivières, Québec
Visit site
Hudon is small, not fast enough for his size and took some dumb penalties that really sunk his ship this year. He does have above-average offensive skills. However, our depth at forward is so good and it is hard to think Hudon could be back with guys like D-Lo and Peca with NHL contracts still. Time is running out for him as he will be 25 next season and was out of the lineup most of the end of the year. He could get another shot with another team with less depth than the habs, his contract is cheap and I think he has done enough in his first season to earn that. He will have to battle for a spot that is for sure wherever he ends up.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
he doesn't fit the identity unless he doubles down on effort and improves his skating. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up somewhere and crafted himself a decent nhl career. too early to throw the towel for me.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
If teams were interested in him I would think he would have been gone by the deadline. I think he gets his QO and ends up in Laval as cheap depth in case of injuries unless his works really hard on his speed, strength and skating this off-season. I still think he can be an NHLer but if he doesn't get quicker he won't make it.
My point was never he cant be in the organization. But if there was a trade at the TDL you think we would have made it. I legit am a huge Hudon fan, Ive watched him since he was young in Chicoutimi. MTL is deep, if he got passed this year its not like hes gonna pass guys that he got passed by or stay above those below him who are due to make better impressions.
I hope he goes somewhere that he has a chance to play. I can see him putting 40 points give or take up in the right setting, and Id rather see that than waste in the system. Id rather see him making money.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
My point was never he cant be in the organization. But if there was a trade at the TDL you think we would have made it. I legit am a huge Hudon fan, Ive watched him since he was young in Chicoutimi. MTL is deep, if he got passed this year its not like hes gonna pass guys that he got passed by or stay above those below him who are due to make better impressions.
I hope he goes somewhere that he has a chance to play. I can see him putting 40 points give or take up in the right setting, and Id rather see that than waste in the system. Id rather see him making money.

I think playing in Laval would help him get his confidence back, as long as he works hard on physical tools like strength, speed, skating, I do think he can be an NHLer on say a bottom team that would be willing to take a chance on him rebounding or if not being a bubble NHLer that goes back and forth between the AHL/NHL.

Reactions: DinosaurBones

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
He's got some qualities. He can make a decent living in this game, but the NHL doesnt seem like that place.

I think some NHL team will take a flyer on him, but he will ultimately end up on a good European team.
I doubt that any team even takes him off of waivers. He really sucks and every team has players like him in their system already.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I doubt that any team even takes him off of waivers. He really sucks and every team has players like him in their system already.

Management likely had some indication that a team would pick him off waivers, cause why let him just sit for months on end when he would have given Laval a very legit shot at making the playoffs.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Management likely had some indication that a team would pick him off waivers, cause why let him just sit for months on end when he would have given Laval a very legit shot at making the playoffs.
I donno, I don’t put much thought into players like him, dime a dozen imo.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“It's obvious, it was not easy for me. I'm a player who want to play hockey and be always on the rink. That's was the was I wanted.”

“I had always confidence on Clode and Marc. He's the coach and doing the decisions... We'll see that all together.”

“It's normal that I wasn't constantly the most happy guy. But that's how the game is... My goal was to play and be with my teammates.”

“Dom (Ducharme) said to me earlier that the future will tell me that. It's like when I said into a joke that you never wanted to leave your family house when you were young, right? It's the same thing, I don't wanna leave here either but you never know what can happens...”

“My goal is to play for the Montreal Canadiens. Even now, I want to be part of this organization. So, we'll see then for the next phase. But I want to be here for the next season...”

“Laval: No I don't want...”

“Me, I'll do the right things this summer to arrive ready at the training camp as a professional. Find some ice time... Just find back my determination that I had on my full year last season. I think I'll move on for this year and see...”

“I won't answer to that question... Here 's it were I want to be. I wanted to play. That's not happened... Everything can happen. That's been like three years I'm looking a tthe deadline date, you can't predict who'll leave and who's gonna leave. That's sure I've the ears and the eyes widely open. But my main goal was to stay here.”

“That famous article got published about me was only a demand to play hockey... I think it was more to react Marc or Clode.... I can't answer it...”

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Hudson skates like he has clown shoes on.

He can't be any worse than Scherbak and the Kings took him.
Scherbak is bigger, faster, younger and has 1st round pedigree. L.A. was looking for upside and Hudson is pretty much worthless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Go to Laval.
I think he sees the prospects coming in and he knows he ain't going to get the first re-call, if ever a single one!
So, he'd rather try and "make it work" in the NHL... but as he sits, he doesn't develop anymore.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Low value spare part. Drop him to make room for a talented newcomer. Hudon will struggle to score 8 goals in a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->