Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Because of what he showed last year, I'm pretty sure we'll keep him for the whole year and hope he puts more than extra time on his skating in the upcoming summer. I still have lots of hope for him, he's an intelligent player. He really hasn't been able to put two good times in a row this year, which is a shame.

I think he could easily take Deslaurier's place and obviously Peca's place. In my opinion, Peca could be dumped to the AHL already, I don't see him producing at the NHL level at all.

Maybe the coaching staff is harder on him and Reilly because they believe in their potential and want to shake them a bit, I don't know really. I feel that if their goal is to build a team for the playoff, benching some guys at the start of the season might be a legitimate wake up call.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
The fact is that Chaput & D'agostino are not much older than Hudon and they play a more seasoned game at this point. I'm still rooting for Huddy though!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
next Hab to be waived.

Hudon can't skate, Peca can't stand up and often gets knocked off the puck. Hudon creates offense, Peca has seed to cover the ice and provides center depth.

Take your pick.

If I were management I hang onto Hudon and force him onto a serious squats and fitness program to strengthen his legs and increase his cardiovascular endurance. Not sure Peca is claimed at his salary. And, Froese can do the job short term.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Jul 6, 2016
Like Scherbak, Hudon is next to useless on a 4th line. And at this point of the season, and with Armia back in the line up in a near future, I don't see where CJ could place Hudon on a regular line up.

DeLo-Chaput and Agostino are hungry AHL-NHL players that will give it all to stay and play at NHL level. They are perfect 4th liners.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hudon can't skate, Peca can't stand up and often gets knocked off the puck. Hudon creates offense, Peca has seed to cover the ice and provides center depth.

Take your pick.

If I were management I hang onto Hudon and force him onto a serious squats and fitness program to strengthen his legs and increase his cardiovascular endurance. Not sure Peca is claimed at his salary. And, Froese can do the job short term.
You can put Hudon in the top 6 in pinch, you don’t have that option with Peca. Neither are on any 23 many roster of a true contender.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Like Scherbak, Hudon is next to useless on a 4th line. And at this point of the season, and with Armia back in the line up in a near future, I don't see where CJ could place Hudon on a regular line up.

DeLo-Chaput and Agostino are hungry AHL-NHL players that will give it all to stay and play at NHL level. They are perfect 4th liners.

Exactly

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

The fourth line now looks good (Agostino-Chaput-D-lo). It looks much better with D-lo than Peca.

But it also really looked good with Hudon Plekanec Peca. It was very different, but also looked good. I don't buy that Hudon is useless on a 4th line. It depends on the composition of the line. He adds an offensive spark, which is good if the line isn't getting hemmed in the d-zone.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You can put Hudon in the top 6 in pinch, you don’t have that option with Peca. Neither are on any 23 many roster of a true contender.

Hudon's offensive creatinons this season are better than his stats show. He's created a lot of chances that linemates have missed, and like Lehkonen he was a bit snake bitten.

Hudon at his current speed is a hard sell on a 23 man roster. If he can find a way to improve his speed, he can be a good bottom sixer and 2nd pp unit guy.

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
As a fan of Hudon, it really sucks for me that Hudon can't get into the lineup. Unfortunately for him, Agostino has pretty much stolen his spot, he is bigger and faster and has been more effective. I wish he would be given a look in Deslauriers spot but Julien likes a big physical guy in his lineup, remember Shawn Thornton with the B's..

The lack of speed for a player his size has really hurt Hudon, his hockey IQ doesn't seem to be able to overcome it. Hopefully he gets another shot at some point though to prove himself before Armia comes back as I fear he is the next guy lost to waivers..

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
Be hoest, is Hudon more thasn a spare part? If so, what is his use?

Are you talking to me? I think his hockey brain is at a higher level than most players on the team, he sees the ice very well, has the courage to try things but his physical limitations have severely limited what he could be..

So yeah I sorta agree with you in that he is a spare part right now, if that is what you are saying.

Reactions: Fixxer and Chr1s97

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

My question is who cares?

Even if they are a better fit on the 4th line, their overall impact on how we do this year and in the coming years is virtually nothing. Whereas a guy like Hudon at least has the potential to develop into a relevant player that can help us down the road.

Reactions: Harpo and montreal

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
I think his hockey brain is at a higher level than most players on the team, he sees the ice very well, has the courage to try things but his physical limitations have severely limited what he could be..
100% agree with you. I think he will be able to improve his physical aspect(add some explosiveness and strenght in his lowet body) with alot of gym time and years. I truly think that eventually he'll become an impact player later in his career when he'll be able to put it all together probably in 2-3 years at 26-26 a bit lile Marchessault, Gourde and few others. I just dont think that MB will stick to him for a that long. It su*** to know that we probably wont be the team thats gonna see him reach his potential. And The way I see him I really dont doubt his working attitude and his willingness to progress and learn everytime he's outhere.

Reactions: habs73

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
It's worth keeping in mind, Hudon had a better rookie year then Lehkonen (30 vs 28 points)
We didn't give up on Lehkonen when he had a brutal sophmore year, and he's been able to reestablish himself as a legitimate offensive threat in this his third year. It would be a mistake to not give Hudon the same chance to play through his struggles and hopefully learn from it as Lehkonen seems to have.

Reactions: Fixxer and montreal

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
It's worth keeping in mind, Hudon had a better rookie year then Lehkonen (30 vs 28 points)
We didn't give up on Lehkonen when he had a brutal sophmore year, and he's been able to reestablish himself as a legitimate offensive threat in this his third year. It would be a mistake to not give Hudon the same chance to play through his struggles and hopefully learn from it as Lehkonen seems to have.
But Lehkonen can skate and defend...

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
100% agree with you. I think he will be able to improve his physical aspect(add some explosiveness and strenght in his lowet body) with alot of gym time and years. I truly think that eventually he'll become an impact player later in his career when he'll be able to put it all together probably in 2-3 years at 26-26 a bit lile Marchessault, Gourde and few others. I just dont think that MB will stick to him for a that long. It su*** to know that we probably wont be the team thats gonna see him reach his potential. And The way I see him I really dont doubt his working attitude and his willingness to progress and learn everytime he's outhere.

I really hope he sticks with the team but I fear you are right, if he makes it as an effective every day player, it probably isn't going to be with the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->