Player Discussion Charles Hudon

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Can we pull the plug on this guy yet? Would it kill the Habs to try Vejdemo or Belzile instead?

Hudon is who he is. Let's give someone else a shot.

In due time they will. Hudon did have a good game against the Sens though. Not a huge fan of Hudon but he's a decent depth player. Vejdemo at the age of 23 deserves a shot, I agree. I'd be OK with Belzile as well... he plays with intensity

Reactions: jaffy27

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Can we pull the plug on this guy yet? Would it kill the Habs to try Vejdemo or Belzile instead?

Hudon is who he is. Let's give someone else a shot.

Belzile has really cooled off though with points in just 2 of the last 9 games after starting the year with 9 pts in 10 games. Hudon was just heating up so they went with the better player.

Vejdemo I would leave alone for now, he's never put together consistent offense, and now he's got 8 pts in the last 7 games, so i would like to see if he can keep this up or not.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
it shows how much Poehling has been struggling as MB hasn't met a top prospect of ours that he hasn't rushed to the NHL and instead they don't want him back up. I mean who would have thought that calling up a 20 year old that was just benched a few games prior would be a bad idea?
It’s early fair enough. But at what point does Timmins become accountable? When the f*** is he going to find a gem?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It’s early fair enough. But at what point does Timmins become accountable? When the **** is he going to find a gem?

depends on your definition of gem. What does Fleury, Mete, Juulsen, Brook, Harris, Norlinder, etc.. turn into. Primeau is one of the best goalie prospects in the world. Gallagher was a steal, Galchenyuk is the 2nd highest scoring player from the '12 draft and turned into Domi, if Drouin were able to play all season like he started this year then you got a 60+ winger that you don't get without a very good pick in Sergachev. Caufield is ripping up the NCAA.

Maybe things would look a little better if the GM would stop rushing all our top prospects to the NHL. Timmins has made many mistakes, as does every scout, and I while there's still a number of picks I have shaked my head at, I can acknowledge that the drafting has been much better and it should be because the GM stopped trading away such valuable picks. We had the same problem before MB as well. I just don't expect much when you have 1 pick in the top 87 or whatever. That's a terrible way to run a team imo.

Everyone is to blame and shares it to some degree, some think it's more on Timmins, others think it's more on development, rushing kids to the NHL that aren't ready. In the end it matters little as management and coaching continue to do the same thing over and over. We'll see if Timmins gets fired or leaves what happens to the drafting.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018

Hudon was sent down to Laval again. Will surely get called up again tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

The Habs really believe in Hudon. You just need to cut your losses sometimes and give someone else a chance. They should have released him last summer. His value is really low even for a draft pick.

Jul 6, 2016
[QUOTE="BargainBinSpecial, post: 167101447, member: 305521"]The Habs really believe in Hudon. You just need to cut your losses sometimes and give someone else a chance. They should have released him last summer. His value is really low even for a draft pick.[/QUOTE]

They don't have much else in the cup board.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
[QUOTE="BargainBinSpecial, post: 167101447, member: 305521"]The Habs really believe in Hudon. You just need to cut your losses sometimes and give someone else a chance. They should have released him last summer. His value is really low even for a draft pick.

They don't have much else in the cup board.[/QUOTE]

That's sad that Laval can't produce a player that can competently play forward. If Hudon is it,wow.
Thought maybe Peca can contribute more,but who knows.

Jul 6, 2016
They don't have much else in the cup board.

That's sad that Laval can't produce a player that can competently play forward. If Hudon is it,wow.
Thought maybe Peca can contribute more,but who knows.[/QUOTE]

Peca is as useless as Hudon, even less. Two AHL level players at best. I would had given a chance to Vejdemo.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Hudon sent to Laval. Last night was the last game he could play before he had to clear waivers again. This doesn't mean he won't get called back up again. But my guess is this time, he will most likely stay down for a little longer. I could be wrong.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Jul 6, 2016

Hudon sent to Laval. Last night was the last game he could play before he had to clear waivers again. This doesn't mean he won't get called back up again. But my guess is this time, he will most likely stay down for a little longer. I could be wrong.

No. Just the "technical" thing to keep him longer. He won't play in Laval.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
How much evidence is required that this guy can't help Montreal? Please lets give someone else a shot and see if they can contribute.

At least Peca buzzes around the ice, brings lots of energy and can tire out the opponent. He can put up zeros but at least do something else there. Hudon brings nothing to table. How many times do they need to call him up and have him not deliver before they call someone else up instead?

Reactions: BLONG7 and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hudon brings nothing at this level. He helps expose how bad this organization's depth is.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not a surprise. Montreal doesn't want to expose him to waivers. No idea why. He's cleared once. I expect he gets recalled Sunday after 5pm. Montreal has 3 days off now.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I can't believe how snake bitten he's been. He's working hard, he's making things happen offensively, he's hitting a post every 2 games... I feel bad for him, he deserves better. I just wished he could score one to remove that giant piano off his shoulders.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
How much evidence is required that this guy can't help Montreal?

Agreed. He doesn't bring much when he is not scoring.

At least Peca buzzes around the ice, brings lots of energy and can tire out the opponent.

I don't think he's much better to be honest. I would expect him to be an effective forechecker with his speed, but I don't see that. He's also not a particularly good defensive player.

I don't know if there's someone in Laval who can help at the moment. Perhaps Vejdemo should be given a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->