OT: Charity Bags Jersey Question

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
f***ing right man! Good hit. :yo:

I would honestly contact Pens Foundation. I think that is your best bet.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sorry if this isn't the right place for this. I got a signed Dumo jersey in my charity bag that came today! My question is though.. does it not come with a certificate of authenticity?

Why would they do that? It's straight from the source.

Congrats...

I didn't do one this year.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Why would they do that? I dunno, if I ever wanted to resell it? I mean I don't plan to, but I'd like that option.. ha

Keep the order/donation receipt (maybe print out the webpage talking about mystery bags?) and take pictures of the packing materials?

It's about as "proof" as a certificate would be anyway, for anyone who cares.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Keep the receipt and take pictures of the packing materials?

I was thinking that too.

Having it authenticated and all cost money, a good bit, and you would have to send it out costing more in shipping.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
That would cost them more money. It being a charity and all.

You can always have it graded and authenticated and put in a glass picture frame.

Keep the order/donation receipt (maybe print out the webpage talking about mystery bags?) and take pictures of the packing materials?

Fair enough. Like I said, I don't plan on reselling it.. I just though it was odd it didn't come with an Authenticity Certificate..
The caricature drawing I got of Lemieux a few years ago came with a certificate and it wasn't even signed by him :laugh:

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I was thinking that too.

Having it authenticated and all cost money, a good bit, and you would have to send it out costing more in shipping.

Any collector also knows, if someone is willing to forge signatures, they could also forge certificates of authenticity.

I mean sure it's more work than Bubba scribbling some swirls with his left hand and a Sharpie...but still.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Fair enough. Like I said, I don't plan on reselling it.. I just though it was odd it didn't come with an Authenticity Certificate..
The caricature drawing I got of Lemieux a few years ago came with a certificate and it wasn't even signed by him :laugh:

You are talking about limited edition items with that. Most likely numbered.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016

Caricature artists are weird. Maybe in order for THEIR art to be sold, they demanded their work be protected by a cert by the foundation?

Check the playoff avatar thread for odd artist issues with their "time" and "effort" spent on people who just don't care!...lol

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Two fisted, beer drinking, Brian Dumoulin.

Only d-man to tame a Letang while finishing a six pack of bud light with two hands.

Ck3JjRvWsAEZYlu.jpg:large

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Was going to buy one of these but would have cost a lot to get to the UK and I can't afford that

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
I'm surprised it didn't come with an authentication letter. I've bought a few jerseys for charity auctions for my local QMJHL Team and it comes with a letter stating the jersey was used in such game and the jersey is signed by ________. Then the letter is signed by an employee.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Uggghh, forgot about this. How much were the charity bags? Was the loot decent?

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Uggghh, forgot about this. How much were the charity bags? Was the loot decent?
I mean without the jersey.. probably not worth it. The quality of the bags I feel like are going down each year. The only cool things other than the jersey are the bobbleheads and the player plaque. The rest of it is pretty cheaply made stuff IMO

Edit: Well actually the bag itself is pretty nice too.. it's a duffle cooler basically.

Reactions: EightyOne

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Hey, congrats! I bought a bag last year and also got a Dumo jersey! Great surprise since I only paid for the cheaper, $250 option. It's framed and hung in my man cave. That being said mine did NOT come with any certificate. Which is odd as signed pucks in the past (this was my second bag) have had an authentication sticker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad