OT: Charities/Donations

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Dropkick Murphys to play for bombing victims
The Dropkick Murphys return to Boston on Sunday to play a benefit concert at the House of Blues for the marathon bombing victims.

The band raised more than $200,000 in a week selling “For Boston†T-shirts on its Web store, but wanted to show their love and support and scare up a little more dough with a show. The current lineup features Massachusetts acts the Dropkicks, State Radio, Big D and the Kids Table, the Parkington Sisters and the Old Brigade.

“We’ve sold 9,000 shirts already but actually need to wind that down because our merch people are going crazy working around the clock to produce them,†band founder Ken Casey said from the West Coast. “Now we want to be part of an event that can help with healing and raise money.â€

http://bostonherald.com/entertainme...s_bay_state_bands_to_play_for_bombing_victims

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
B's Annual Beard-A-Thon To Benefit 'The One Fund Boston'

The hockey playoff beard is an age-old tradition for players participating in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Fans can join in on the tradition by "Growing One for Boston" and inviting family, friends and business associates to make a pledge towards their playoff beards.

Fans can create their own Bruins 'Beard-A-Thon' profile by uploading their photo at www.beardathon.com/bruins. Participants can choose to grow their own beard and update their growth throughout the playoffs or they can grow their beard virtually by choosing the 'Build-A-Beard' option, giving women and children an opportunity to get involved.

If anyone is growing a playoff beard for Boston, PM me your link & I'll make a pledge.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Yankee Candle made a Boston Strong candle, with 100% of the proceeds going to the One Fund. I just bought 4 (yes I have a candle addiction).

http://www.yankeecandle.com/detail/1300789

About The Boston Strong Candle

Designed to help bring our community together and help those families most affected by the tragic events that unfolded during this year's Boston Marathon. All net proceeds from the sale of Boston Strong will be donated to The One Fund Boston. For more information see The One Fund Boston.

Reserve yours today. Expected to ship by May 22, 2013. Your credit card will be authorized but not actually charged until shipment. Boston Strong will ship separately from other items in your order, however you will not be charged shipping twice. Discounts and promotions cannot be applied to this candle. Available only while supplies last.

About This Fragrance

A heartwarming blend of cinnamon, baking spices, and a hint of freshly poured tea.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Yankee Candle made a Boston Strong candle, with 100% of the proceeds going to the One Fund. I just bought 4 (yes I have a candle addiction).

http://www.yankeecandle.com/detail/1300789

My wife is the same way. I think she has them as friends on FB She told me about them this morning around 5:20. :laugh: I was like that's nice. :) I'm not a big candle guy as the smell if to overwhelming gives me a headache. I can't go into the Yankee Candle store in MA I'll be sick in like 5 minutes.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
My friend works at this store in Beacon Hill and they have Boston Strong signs.

44341_10151323011491734_2141783648_n.jpg

$10 each... 100% of the proceeds go to onefundboston.org! You can email or call for shipping options. [email protected] or 617-619-9977

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Where can one get ribbons and official blue and yellow Boston Strong t-shirts? Not the ones they've been selling on the street. Thanks.

I'm glad you mentioned this.

It peeves me to no end that there are people making money off of this tragedy. If you can help it, try to buy your items from people who state the proceeds are going somewhere.

Really makes me mad.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
•That Milan Lucic has donated his suite at the Garden for the May 30 Boston Strong concert and is raffling it off to benefit The One Fund Boston. If you want to party in Milan’s skybox while you and 13 pals watch Aerosmith, Jimmy Buffett, New Kids on the Block, the J. Geils Band and more, go to netraffle.org. Tickets are only $2 with a minimum purchase of five and the deadline and drawing is May 29.
http://bostonherald.com/inside_trac...ar_rihanna_milan_lucic_boston_police_and_more

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
For those near Central Mass. or those who'd like to travel:

Bands and Barbecue Bash to Benefit the One Fund - Boston

Saturday June 15
Otter River Sportsman's Club
250 Lord Rd. Templeton, MA 01468

http://www.otterriversportsmansclub.org/

There will be plenty of live music, BBQ and a cash bar.
I don't have the list of bands yet, but there's a lot of them and they're all donating their time as are all the cooks and volunteers.

I'll update you with band names and times as I get more info.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Unsticking this. Please do a search for it if needed.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Awright, got more info about the Central Mass. Boston Strong Music Fetival to benefit the One Fund:

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - Noon - Midnight
Otter River Sportsmans Club
250 Lord Rd. Templeton, MA
www.otterriversportsmansclub.org

Comedian and Emcee - Bruce Chester
Face Painting with Megan Burpee
Tarot and Palm Readings by Marion Hagopian

Bands and Performers:

Drew Boutell - 12:00 Noon
Route 2 Revolution - 12:40
Joe 6 Pack - 1:20
Dazed til Dawn - 3:00
Radio Flyer - 5:00
2B Continewd - 6:15
Darryl and the Derelicks - 8:15
Go Gadget Go! - 10:15

Admission $7, Children $3 (under 3 free)
We'll be Roasting Pigs and smoking Pork Shoulders
Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Cole Slaw - $6
There will be hamburgers and dogs for sale as well

Cash bar - No coolers allowed

All performers and cooks are donationg their time and efforts. All proceeds will go to One Fund Boston onefundboston.org

Hope to see ya there!

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
*Bump*

Got another charitable event Saturday, at the Westford, MA V.F.W. if'n anyone's looking to get out for some good times, good food and good music for a good cause.

A friend is suffering from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and the $$ raised will go towards helping with medical costs. The money goes straight to the recipient, no bureaucratic B.S.

There is a mortorcylce poker run for those who ride, but non-riders are welcome also. Blues-based classic rock music is by Another Round, who are donating their time.

Food will be cooked by the New England Barbecue Society and the Brookline Fire Department. Pulled Pork, BBQ Chicken, Roast Beast, Burgers -N- Dawgs, taters, salads, etc.

Ride starts at 10:00 A.M. Food will be served around 3:30 or so.

www.tylerride.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad