Chara vs. McAvoy

• Total voters

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
McAvoy easily

Edit: even last year McAvoy got more 5 on 5 mins. Chara is still an excellent game changer on the PK. Complete game changer there. But McAvoy controls the game at 5 on 5.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Are we talking about just on the ice? Slight edge to McAvoy. But if we're talking about the complete package, Chara is such a huge presence in that Bruins locker room. Yes. the Bruins have good leaders without him, but they all look up to Chara ( not a pun ).

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Are we talking about just on the ice? Slight edge to McAvoy. But if we're talking about the complete package, Chara is such a huge presence in that Bruins locker room. Yes. the Bruins have good leaders without him, but they all look up to Chara ( not a pun ).

Yeah that’s fair. I think the gap on ice is likely larger than you, but even if Chara couldn’t speak a word of English his examples of how to take care of his body at a level to play top pairing level in his 40s is gold.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Honestly I would feel safe out there knowing I had a 7 foot beast behind me.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Defensively, still Chara. He still shuts down the D zone better than just about anyone

Overally, McAvoy. His skating, offense, puck moving are all much better than Chara's at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad