Confirmed with Link: Chara signs 1 year $5m deal

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
chara signs 5mill 1year contract

Bruins Sign Zdeno Chara To One-Year Contract Extension

BOSTON - Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, ‪March 28, that the team has signed defenseman Zdeno Chara to a one-year contract extension through the 2018-19 season worth $5 million, plus an additional $1.75 million in performance-based incentives.

Both Sweeney and Chara will hold a press conference in Legends at TD Garden today at 4:30 p.m. Media interested in attending should enter through the back security entrance and proceed to Level 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I am happy with this . Originally I was for resigning Rick Nash as well but after Donato showing what he has plus Debrusk, heinen showing so well with more on the way I think I would gamble by letting him walk even though I think he is pretty important to D.K

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Excellent news. when it is all said and done Z will be up there with the all time great Bruin Defensemen. Below Orr, Shore, Park and Bourque but at the head of the next tier. Hopefully he retires a Bruin.

Reactions: BiGBear8

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Perfect term and price. I was honestly expecting 6M+ on a 1 year deal given his season this far.

He probably is getting 6M+, that's what the incentives probably are. Games played bonus, etc. which is fine by me.

Among Bruins defensemen all time, he's 3rd in games played, third in goals, 4th in assists (3 back of Park), 3rd in points, 6th in +/-, 4th in GWG, it's been an absolute pleasure watching him for the past decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad