News Article: Chara prepares for life after hockey

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The towering defenseman has been issued his license to sell real estate in Massachusetts.

Chara enrolled in a real estate program shortly after tearing a ligament in his left knee on Oct. 23. He said he wanted to use his time off the ice to expand his post-hockey options. The Slovakia native took the required classes, passed the exam during the NHL’s All-Star break last month, and received his license the same day.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...ate-license/zYaTfqEDHDrpsNGpYasPXL/story.html

Well, thats spmething different. I guess. But then again, hes a real interesting guy.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He's always doing something. Between 7(?) languages, this, wresting, working out 3 times a day, being a father/husband, does he ever have time to himself? :laugh: The one time he really doesn't have to do anything, while he's injured, he's doing this.

If I had 1% of his motivation... I love staying inside and doing pretty much nothing every once in a while. I wonder if he's ever done that. With the money he's made, and financial classes (never knew that, either...), he's probably in pretty decent shape... As are the next 5 generations of Charas. But man, the guy doesn't stop. Always doing something. I'm also happy that he'll potentially be staying in the Boston area after retirement. :)

Arthur*

He speaks like 11 languages too.

Zdeno might be the real Most Interesting Man in the World

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
Surprised he'd want to do this in MA, he didn't seem like the "stay in MA after retiring" kinda Bruin, but that's cool that he is. :)

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I'd hate to be the agent on the other side of the table trying to negotiate with him.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
The towering defenseman has been issued his license to sell real estate in Massachusetts.

Chara enrolled in a real estate program shortly after tearing a ligament in his left knee on Oct. 23. He said he wanted to use his time off the ice to expand his post-hockey options. The Slovakia native took the required classes, passed the exam during the NHL’s All-Star break last month, and received his license the same day.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...ate-license/zYaTfqEDHDrpsNGpYasPXL/story.html

Well, thats spmething different. I guess. But then again, hes a real interesting guy.

I could just picture Chara on his tippie toes looking to see the condition of the house roof....:laugh:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Amazing person.And good to the kids to.Never too busy.My G/f die hard Calgary fan.Her 2 fav players are Johnny Hockey and Chara..Yup she a keeper.:)

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
He's one I want to retire a Bruin. Problem is his pride may have him play till too late.

But realistically if he could transition to a #5, we could have him till he hangs them up.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I can see Z becoming filthy wealthy after his hockey career is over. I can also see him getting some degrees in college just for the hell of it and because he can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad