Chara crosscheck to Gallagher’s neck (Update: fined $5k)

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
It's a simple yes or no question. Obviously I don't want something like that to happen against Pastrnak, however if you don't think there would be any Bruins fans upset if that happened I would not believe you.

No, I wouldn't want him suspended either.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
So to be clear, you also have the opinion that the Kadri suspension was justified, but Chara should be excused here?
So, to be clear, I have not spoken about the Kadri incident at all. Here it's asinine to say that Chara intended to injure Gallagher, when both players were crosschecking each other. Do you think that Gallagher intended to injure Chara? This wasn't two soldiers in a WW1 trench. It was two players exchanging "pleasantries". Anyone who has seen more than a couple of hockey games has seen this happening a million times.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

DcW

Feb 27, 2018
As someone mentioned before, Chara has a baseline and therefore he gets 2 minutes.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
So to be clear, you also have the opinion that the Kadri suspension was justified, but Chara should be excused here?

Absolutely - he earned his penalty. They are not even close to comparable. One is a scrum, one was retaliatory intent to injure on an unsuspecting opponent. It is quite simple.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Absolutely - he earned his penalty. They are not even close to comparable. One is a scrum, one was retaliatory intent to injure on an unsuspecting opponent. It is quite simple.
So in a scrum...you can crosscheck a guy in the neck? Could you post a link to that rule?

Again...he won't get a call...but why is it so hard for Bruins fans to admit he crosdchecked Gally in the neck?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
So in a scrum...you can crosscheck a guy in the neck? Could you post a link to that rule?

Again...he won't get a call...but why is it so hard for Bruins fans to admit he crosdchecked Gally in the neck?

Has even one fan said he did not? Chara earned his penalty. The end. I am uncertain of your point.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->