Chara crosscheck to Gallagher’s neck (Update: fined $5k)

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
Chara crosschecked Gallagher, got two minutes, end of story. Some folks in here might feel like it was Valentine's Day Massacre 2.0: it wasn't. Those folks need to get a grip. Or maybe switch to curling, if something like this gets their blood up THAT much. That's what I think.

So you would have been ok with only 2 mins assessed to Kadri on Debrusk last year? Its a pretty similar play yet he got suspended... I highly doubt Chara gets anymore more then a fine if that

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
The thread title should really be:

Is this embellishment from Gallagher?

I don't know if it's worth more than an in-game penalty tbh, as it's not intentional and there's a height difference, but I don't think Gallagher overreacted at all. He might have even under-reacted. I think a lot of players would go down from that.

To clarify for people that didn't watch, Gallagher and Chara both got a penalty for this play.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Is this embellishment from Gallagher.

I don't know if it's worth more than an in-game penalty tbh, as it's not intentional and there's a height difference, but I don't think Gallagher overreacted at all. He might have even under-reacted. I think a lot of players would go down from that.

To clarify for people that didn't watch, Gallagher and Chara both got a penalty for this play.

I actually do think there's a bit of embellishment. He snaps his head back left in a way that is not consistent with the point of impact.

I think it's a bit ridiculous to call him on it after he gets cross-checked in the throat though.

The fact that they were penalized equally is hilarious.

Reactions: Canadienna

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Chara crosschecked Gallagher, got two minutes, end of story. Some folks in here might feel like it was Valentine's Day Massacre 2.0: it wasn't. Those folks need to get a grip. Or maybe switch to curling, if something like this gets their blood up THAT much. That's what I think.
Like I said before I'm the last person to stand up for a Montreal Canadien, however Chara still cross checked him on his neck. If a Gallagher had done that exact same thing to Pastrnak as an example you wouldn't be calling for him to be suspended?

Scuba-Steve

Jun 8, 2006
Québec
Obviously a cross check to the neck/head area. He should at least get a couple of games. It was a dangerous move that could have injured the other player.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Both guys shoving their sticks too high, cant just blame Chara cause hes tougher than Gallagher. Both should have got 2 and on we go

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Like I said before I'm the last person to stand up for a Montreal Canadien, however Chara still cross checked him on his neck. If a Gallagher had done that exact same thing to Pastrnak as an example you wouldn't be calling for him to be suspended?

Now we're onto questions about hypothetical situations, of all things. Will evaluate things if and when that happens...

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Now we're onto questions about hypothetical situations, of all things. Will evaluate things if and when that happens...
It's a simple yes or no question. Obviously I don't want something like that to happen against Pastrnak, however if you don't think there would be any Bruins fans upset if that happened I would not believe you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad