Chara crosscheck to Gallagher’s neck (Update: fined $5k)

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
Maybe a fine but that's it. Probably could have been 4 minutes but whatever. Certainly not any kind of embellishment

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
It's a dirty play for sure. But the league should be looking into it. I don't care if it's a fine, games or nothing. At least act like you care about player safety.

Reactions: Geoist

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm no fan of the Habs, and I love Chara, but just seemed totally unnecessary and pretty hard to dispute that he's aiming for that general area.

Does Gallagher do a little flourish for the ref? Right after contact, he throws his head sideways to the left. Anyway, I don't really blame him if he did.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
You don't think Chara did anything wrong here?
Chara crosschecked Gallagher, got two minutes, end of story. Some folks in here might feel like it was Valentine's Day Massacre 2.0: it wasn't. Those folks need to get a grip. Or maybe switch to curling, if something like this gets their blood up THAT much. That's what I think.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Chara crosschecked Gallagher, got two minutes, end of story. Some folks in here might feel like it was Valentine's Day Massacre 2.0: it wasn't. Those folks need to get a grip. Or maybe switch to curling, if something like this gets their blood up THAT much. That's what I think.

Just didn't seem to be part of the play is all.

Anyway, I might have given a 4-minute double minor.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Chara was not penalized on the play. (Edit: I was wrong)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Wasn't a part of the play and a crosscheck to the neck. 2 Games was what they gave Johan Larsson for something similar and they even acknowledged his was an accident. Spin the wheel! I'm guessing he doesn't get anything.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
I think a few years ago this may have been a fine, but the league has such a grey area for this kind of stuff now... 2 minutes for big z. Not sure what gally got his 2 for though.

Reactions: dukeofjive

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Ah really? I seem to recall him and Gallagher in the box...

Nevermind I was wrong he got 2 minutes, still weird though that Gallagher got the penalty. Their actions were no where equal, I don't see Chara getting suspended though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->