Chara crosscheck to Gallagher’s neck (Update: fined $5k)

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
I can't wait for this big lumbering oaf to retire. I'm going to celebrate. Funny they choose to fine him now when he has done that many times in the past. Finally.

Reactions: dennis90

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Kadri was gliding and barely moving when it happened. He literally took his last stride before centre ice and glides all the way to the top of the circle before contact (literally 35 to 40 feet of glide). I don't know about you but I'd rather take a crosscheck to the neck area from 6'0" 192 lbs than 6'9" 250 lbs. Been a few decades since high school physics but I know where I'd lean.

If you say so it must be true.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Unrelated to this incident but why is $5k even the amount for a fine in the NHL? For lots of guys this is the equivalent of one of us getting fined 50 cents for stealing from work...Why not make it a tiered % of salary fine based on severity?
This is just one reason to consider the NHL a Bush league amongst other things.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
It really is hard to believe how little scrutiny Chara has received over the years.

Scott Niedermayer was sneaky dirty...stealth...Chara is not sneaky dirty...he is just plain dirty. It is pretty easy to be tough when you have no real physical equals....it is a heck of a lot harder to be Gallagher.

...and I hate Montreal.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
What I learned in this thread, is that according to Bruins fans it's okay for Chara to crosscheck someone in the throat.

Classy.
League boasts about enforcing stick penalties yet their enforcement is felt like a love tap, now imagine if Gally had a broken laryinx Chara wouldve got more, this being tied to if there is an injury is pure nonsense. This was freaking dangerous and the penalty is a joke.

Reactions: dennis90

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Unrelated to this incident but why is $5k even the amount for a fine in the NHL? For lots of guys this is the equivalent of one of us getting fined 50 cents for stealing from work...Why not make it a tiered % of salary fine based on severity?

The reason the fine is that amount is because of the CBA. The NHLPA really struggles between protecting players safety over protecting players' income. Whilst it would seem logical that the NHLPA would seek greater protections for their players health, they can't seem to understand that may mean allowing harsher penalties against players who commit these acts.

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
Why aren’t you drinking the kool aid the rest of your brethren are drinking? Why are you not letting your fandom cloud your logical judgement on this?

Well it was pretty ugly and I sure wouldn't want Krug or Marchand on the receiving end of something like that.

Reactions: boyko10

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
What I learned in this thread, is that according to Bruins fans it's okay for Chara to crosscheck someone in the throat.

Classy.

Basically it comes down to this:

- If Galagher would have hit the floor: " Oh look at that ! He is such a wuss!! Typical Hab !!!Chara bareley touched him !!
- If Galagher stands but snaps his head back: "Embellishment !! Chara barely touched him
- If Galagher stands there and doesn't flinch: See ? He didnt move !!! Chara barely touched him !!!

Reactions: Bedards Dad

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Basically it comes down to this:

- If Galagher would have hit the floor: " Oh look at that ! He is such a wuss!! Typical Hab !!!Chara bareley touched him !!
- If Galagher stands but snaps his head back: "Embellishment !! Chara barely touched him
- If Galagher stands there and doesn't flinch: See ? He didnt move !!! Chara barely touched him !!!

It's "Gallagher". Two L's.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What was it that Proust said a few years back when he speared Marchand in the groin and hab fans cheered,” it was worth the 5k”, pretty sure Chara feels the same way, Gallagher is a turd, overrated one at that.

Marcel Proust?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad