GDT: Chapter #2 | Chicago Blackhawks @ St. Louis Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Nothing wrong with giving Butler a chance in the NHL until Ed comes back. Another team may find him valuable if he performs well.

Reactions: Bendak

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Meh...Butler looked better than Dunn. We’re hurting without Eddy, and to a lesser extent Gunnarsson, as even he’d be preferred to Butler.

Got a bad feeling about this game.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Butler shouldn’t be playing, much less in the top 4. Idk what Schmaltz has to do, I wouldn’t blame him if he requested a trade.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I didn’t expect it either, but Butler actually did have a good game. Schmaltz will stay up long term over him, but I’m glad the coaches are rewarding good play. This is the same mentality that will probably lead to Bouwmeester ending up on the 3rd pairing after a while.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Gonna miss the game tonight, going to a concert. I don't like that Butler is now in our Top 4 and Schmaltz is scratched, I'm not sure how much better he has to play to stay in the lineup.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I didn’t expect it either, but Butler actually did have a good game. Schmaltz will stay up long term over him, but I’m glad the coaches are rewarding good play. This is the same mentality that will probably lead to Bouwmeester ending up on the 3rd pairing after a while.

How are they rewarding good play when Schmaltz was our second best d-man last night? He played better than Butler. They are rewarding Butler having a shift with 4 tenacious youngsters who kept feeding him the puck to shoot into the boards. That was the extent of Butler's good play.

Yeo: "We need to stop missing the net when we shoot"
Also Yeo: "The guy who missed the net 15 times on 15 attempts had a really strong game"

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012

Basically what MO1 said. Schmaltz was one of our 2 best defenders against Winnipeg and now he is sitting. I am now kinda waiting for us to waive him to make room for Nate Prosser v2 and watch him become a top 4 defender somewhere else.

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
OMG that is so money and yes! Every time it showed him on the bench he was hunched over looking like Alex recalling a particularly fond memory of a gang fight. It only let me like your post once and one like just isn't enough here.
I imagine he likes to get a moloko plus with some droogs after a fight

Reactions: Bendak and Arioch

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I don't understand. obviously with eddy out you gotta do some weird things, but if the lesson hasn't been learned from the past 2 years that jbo is not a good partner for Petro, then this year is going to be longer than it needs to be.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Meh...Butler looked better than Dunn. We’re hurting without Eddy, and to a lesser extent Gunnarsson, as even he’d be preferred to Butler.

There's quite a difference in the development of Butler vs. Dunn.

They're not though...

I don't understand what the Blues are doing with Schmaltz at all. How is the guy supposed to develop and get better if he doesn't get ANY continuous playing time? It's just not really humanly possible.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

Butler did not have a better game than Dunn. Maybe relative to your expectations of the 2. While he didn't have a great game, I think Dunn's struggles in game 1 are generally being exaggerated anyways.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
REALLY? BUTLER OVER SCHMALTZ?? Well, that does it, get rid of the entire coaching staff, freaking out of touch with how they should be running this team.

Vektor

Jun 11, 2018
Butler over Schmaltz makes no sense. Idc who was better less game Butler is what he is and Schmaltz has room to grow. Stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->