Chant when we score?

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I heard it a bit better when I sat up in the upper bowl than the lower bowl, but I just heard it on the TV again after the first goal against the Jackets. What is the chant we start trying to do when we score a goal?

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I heard it a bit better when I sat up in the upper bowl than the lower bowl, but I just heard it on the TV again after the first goal against the Jackets. What is the chant we start trying to do when we score a goal?

He shoots, he scores, hey goalie: You suck.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
Usually followed by 'It's all your fault, it's all your fault...'

I did find it funny that the chant even went off on the empty netter last night. I was like... really?

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Its a pretty common thing in a lot of the minor leagues mostly. Cause well, some of those goalies really do suck. Every place that does it seems to think its original, but I just think it's tacky in the NHL, imo. Unfortunately we're one of the teams, along with Nashville, that seems to excel at the chant.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Its a pretty common thing in a lot of the minor leagues mostly. Cause well, some of those goalies really do suck. Every place that does it seems to think its original, but I just think it's tacky in the NHL, imo. Unfortunately we're one of the teams, along with Nashville, that seems to excel at the chant.

I just don't understand why we don't do the goalie chant after, while play is going on. Like "Craw-Ford", last year we didn't start it until the middle of a period, not even close to when we scored a goal.

I'm always a fan of chants, I'm sure the players on the ice love it when the crowd gets together and makes it loud, even if it's tacky and overplayed.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Was a very popular chant with the Phoenix Roadrunners before the Yotes came to town. Heard it quite often in the early Coyote seasons.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Usually followed by 'It's all your fault, it's all your fault...'

I did find it funny that the chant even went off on the empty netter last night. I was like... really?

Haha I agree, I started chanting it mindlessly last night and then I stopped chanting and started laughing when I realized that it didn't make sense.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Not as bad as "the wave", but close.

Don't hate on the wave. There have been multiple times when I'm drunk at Coyotes games to try to get the wave going. I'm super pissed when I see it occur when I'm not there. Then again, those times I've tried to start the wave, I blacked out at some point. Go me.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

I'm more embarrassed by being one of the few teams who's PA announcer makes a huge deal about a POW-ERRR PLAAAYYY!!! I used to have a laugh at Nashville and Atlanta for that. Then a few years ago we inexplicably joined that club. Disappointing. I love our PA announcer. He's great, and I'm sure he's just taking orders on the PP thing, but I find it bush league.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm more embarrassed by being one of the few teams who's PA announcer makes a huge deal about a POW-ERRR PLAAAYYY!!! I used to have a laugh at Nashville and Atlanta for that. Then a few years ago we inexplicably joined that club. Disappointing. I love our PA announcer. He's great, and I'm sure he's just taking orders on the PP thing, but I find it bush league.

I'd like to know what he's drinking to get so excited about a Coyotes PP.

rt

May 13, 2004
Don't hate on the wave. There have been multiple times when I'm drunk at Coyotes games to try to get the wave going. I'm super pissed when I see it occur when I'm not there. Then again, those times I've tried to start the wave, I blacked out at some point. Go me.

It has no place in the sport of hockey or in the twenty first century. Minor league baseball in the mid nineteen nineties? Now, that's a different story. I'd like to retire the wave to the same time capsule that currently houses Paulie Shore and MC Hammer.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
It has no place in the sport of hockey or in the twenty first century. Minor league baseball in the mid nineteen nineties? Now, that's a different story. I'd like to retire the wave to the same time capsule that currently houses Paulie Shore and MC Hammer.

Wave happens pretty much every game for the Dbacks. H8er.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated

Are you kidding me our announcer guy is the ****! Wayyyyy better than others I've heard. Our crowds are usually so pathetic that i am actually relieved to hear someone trying to spark some excitement.

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
Yeah, when people started the chant after the empty netter last night I looked at the guy next to me and we both had quizzical expressions and then just shrugged. It made no sense. I find it embarrassing when we're down by multiple goals and finally score and people do that chant.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Yeah, when people started the chant after the empty netter last night I looked at the guy next to me and we both had quizzical expressions and then just shrugged. It made no sense. I find it embarrassing when we're down by multiple goals and finally score and people do that chant.

That was like me against the Blackhawks. When we scored our first goal, I was pumped, because who knows, I felt we might be able to get back into the game. But the 2nd goal, I just sat in my chair and clapped. We had no chance to come back, but hey, we scored. Didn't warrant me getting up and cheering loud though.

rt

May 13, 2004
Are you kidding me our announcer guy is the ****! Wayyyyy better than others I've heard. Our crowds are usually so pathetic that i am actually relieved to hear someone trying to spark some excitement.

Like I said, I think he's great. I just find that particular announcement to be cringe worthy. I remember hearing it first in Nashville, if I recall correctly. I face palmed. It still provokes the same urge.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I'm more embarrassed by being one of the few teams who's PA announcer makes a huge deal about a POW-ERRR PLAAAYYY!!!

What I find hilarious is we now have a sponsor for the PK. "Yes, I'm with Chapman Chevrolet, and we'd like to sponsor your power play" "Sorry, taken. How much would you give us for the penalty kill?"

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
What I find hilarious is we now have a sponsor for the PK. "Yes, I'm with Chapman Chevrolet, and we'd like to sponsor your power play" "Sorry, taken. How much would you give us for the penalty kill?"

I think any of the teams in states that have Powerball are sponsored by it for the Power Play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad