Changes coming to Blackhawks Pro Scouting

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It's not wrong quite yet .... but it is too early to say that for certain. Right now it looks about right to me. Sluggish players like Strome are becoming rarer by the month - the NHL is all about playing the game at speed.

Calling it a terrible trade is just plan wrong.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Nylander>Jokiharju. I really think Nylander will come into his own next season. Man has top 6 level skill. And an underrated defensive game. Man really just needs to hit the weight room. I think he could be just as good as Willy.

This. Obviously, we'll see (about Nylander's progression). Another aspect of that trade is that a lot of fans pining for Joker will probably stop after seeing Mitchell.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
This. Obviously, we'll see (about Nylander's progression). Another aspect of that trade is that a lot of fans pining for Joker will probably stop after seeing Mitchell.
The second Ian Mitchell hits the ice, all the Jokiharju fan boys are gonna forget that scrub ever existed.

Reactions: goldenbladz1

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
They are gonna beat around the entire bush but not remove the bush, remove Stan. When the Hawks draft good, Stan gets credit, when Stan the man makes horrendous trade after horrendous trade for 5 years running the team into the ground, Boom Ronald McDonald gets fired along with the pro scouting staff but Stan remains blame free. The guy is clueless get rid of him already.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Stan the man makes horrendous trade after horrendous trade for 5 years running the team into the ground
Darling for Barratt

Hjalmarsson for Murphy

Hossa's cap dump for Kubalik

Hartman for Beaudin and Kurashev

Schmaltz for Strome

Jokiharju for Nylander

Forsling for de Haan

Lehner rental for Demin + 2nd

Manning for Caggiula

Lots of wins on Stan's resume.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Darling for Barratt

Hjalmarsson for Murphy

Hossa's cap dump for Kubalik

Hartman for Beaudin and Kurashev

Schmaltz for Strome

Jokiharju for Nylander

Forsling for de Haan

Lehner rental for Demin + 2nd

Manning for Caggiula

Schmaltz for Strome is a wash. Two talented but flawed players who probably don’t quite put it together because of their lack of heart.

Jury is out on Nylander for Jokiharju.

You can add Perlini for Regula. I don’t know what the hell Stevie Y was thinking there.

Reactions: thesaadfather

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
From the Power’s article he says it’s part time employees that scouted other teams drafted players in college and junior leagues. So not that much change.

Reactions: Pez68 and Muffinalt

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
There's a lot more to pro scouting than seeing who to acquire.

They spend a ton of time seeing opponents, especially heading into playoff series, to get info on a team's strengths and weaknesses, matchups, etc.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

This feels like a 'why not both' scenario.

The Blackhawks D is bad enough that having TWO good young defensemen would have been a bigger impact than having a good young dman and a medicore winger.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Darling for Barratt ???? Not the trade

Hjalmarsson for Murphy even

Hossa's cap dump for Kubalik ??? Not the trade

Hartman for Beaudin and Kurashev not the trade NO NHL GAMES (looks like a win)

Schmaltz for Strome even

Jokiharju for Nylander too soon

Forsling for de Haan win

Lehner rental for Demin + 2nd NO NHL GAMES

Manning for Caggiula win

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
From the Power’s article he says it’s part time employees that scouted other teams drafted players in college and junior leagues. So not that much change.

I wonder if this is because they don't think there will be a college hockey season next year. I know here in Canada students are being told their fall semester will be virtual so that tells me it's unlikely they will have sports. Same with junior leagues. Unless you can have crowds, you can't justify running CHL teams and even if you could do it without crowds, I don't know how you could do it safely. It's one thing asking adults to make a decision about playing in the NHL (which the players voted to do), it's another thing to demand teenagers return to play. Adults can choose to accept risk. It's not the same thing for adults to put teenagers at risk.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You're right. I was being generous.

No considering how well he played for stretches and the obvious skill he flashed. Nylander for Joker was a longer term play. He has higher potential thank Joker and the Hawks clearly had it Boqvist > Mitchell -> Joker (which is correct).

Last edited:
Reactions: bwana63

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Maatta is better now and will probably be better for at least a few seasons than Jokiharju
Plus the Hawks were really thin on LD and Maatta and de Haan cost basically nothing. Kahun is just a guy and de Haan was traded for spare AHLers, also Jokiharju was redundant with Mitchell and Boqvist there because he's a similar profile(RH PMD) Mitchell and Boqvist are better players anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad