Change the handedness of one player

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I’m always interested in how lineups shape up due to handedness.

I thought it would make for a fun thread.

You get to change the handedness of one player on your team.

Who and why?

:edmonton

Leon Draisaitl

Obviously a great player and a great fit on any team. If he’s right handed with his shot and skill opposite McDavid on our powerplay, I think it takes it up a notch. He’s also excellent on the draw and having him as a RH faceoff option only increases his intangibles.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Who and why?

Leon Draisaitl

Obviously a great player and a great fit on any team. If he’s right handed with his shot and skill opposite McDavid on our powerplay, I think it takes it up a notch. He’s also excellent on the draw and having him as a RH faceoff option only increases his intangibles.
What are you? Scientology?

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Uhh... what?

Drai's left-handed shot screws the shit out of defensive scheme's and goalies.

ESPECIALLY on the PP

Drai's backhand pass is by far the best in the league.

Reactions: banks

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Make either Ehlers or Connor a right shot so we can line them up on either side of the powerplay

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Left or Right is not nearly as important for forwards as it is for defenders. (For some reason we usually record LW, RW, and D, it should be W, LD, and RD)

For the Jackets I'd have Zach Werenski go RH because it's a heck of a lot easier to find a decent middle pair LD than it is to find an RD replacement. And it's quicker to have RH forwards get teed up by a RH point man, and the Jackets best shooters are all RH (Atkinson, Bjorkstrand, Laine, Roslovic, etc...).

Reactions: banks

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

Who and why?

Leon Draisaitl

do both

Switch Shooters

Ghost Bear

Mar 7, 2015
Dumb question.

But how difficult do you think it would be for a left handed defenceman to transition into a right handed defenceman during the offseason.

Possible?
giphy.gif

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon

Who and why?

Leon Draisaitl

I think I’d prefer McDavid as a Righty to be honest. I’m happy with him just the way he is though haha

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Make Caufield a Lefty, our 4 best wingers are all righties and having a left handed trigger man would help out our Powerplay immensely.

Very much this. The Habs are an anomaly right now, the vast majority of our fwds are right handed, with Danault and Kotkaniemi being the main exceptions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->