Player Discussion Change of scenery

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I like the option with Jaskin, I know little about Fleury, but it seems that I recently saw a deal, Fleury for Nylander was suggested by a Carolina fan, although I would rather give Thompson or Sheary.

As a Canes fan, I'd rather include Fleury as an adder to a bigger deal than to trade him for a Thompson or Sheary type. Canes already have too many Thompson/Sheary types in both the NHL and AHL so neither of them is very enticing at all. With McGinn, Wallmark, Foegele, Martinook, and Maenalanen already at the NHL level along with Saarla, Geekie, Gauthier, Kuokkanen, Roy and others at the AHL level, the Canes need is more at the top of the line-up. I realize though, that Fleury won't get them a higher end player alone and in fact, likely won't be the major piece of any deal for a higher end player.

The complicating factor for Carolina is that both TVR and de Hann had off season shoulder surgery. de Hann definitely won't be back to start the season and TVR is iffy as well, so they may not be eager to move a defenseman right now.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Scott Laughton might be a change of scenery candidate, especially with the potential addition of Hayes. Don’t know a ton about his game but he won more draws than Sobotka. Laughton was a former 1st rounder at #20 in 2012.

Laughton for Hutton?

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Girgensons and Larsson work extremely well together, a 4th line is one of the only things that worked this season, why break that up for no reason when Girgensons has such low value? His impact on the ice with Larsson is so underrated by people that I don't people understand what a 4th line is or what it's supposed to be. They're not scoring goals, their preventing them. You can still have a huge defensive impact to a team without putting up numbers. They're also young!!!!

Why unnecessarily tinker with what little that worked last season? I mean honestly, what trade with Girgensons do we win versus his on-ice impact.

IMO just a horrible idea. We already have a 4th line. Let's build around that and find other pieces.

*I would target Puljujarvi from Edmonton, high draft pedigree, low value, we wouldn't have to give up significant pieces most likely. Low risk-high reward. Let him simmer in the AHL and see if he becomes something. Edmonton isn't exactly known for outstanding development. It's worth the risk. If it's the right price. * (Not giving them any of Thompson, Pilut, Nylander, Olofsson)

Then again it's not Chiarelli so it might be harder to fleece them. I have no idea how EDM values him.

Last edited:

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
What about a Vegas deal centered around Ristolainen for Karlsson with the Sabres also taking on Eakin and Colin Miller? No idea what the adds are to close to gap value wise, but the Sabres get a bottom 4 RD to replace Risto, a 2C thats good in both ends and a 3/4C with 1 year left on his deal.

Cap out 5.4M
Cap in 7.7M+ 7 or so more for WKs extension.

Sabres give up Risto, #7, and a 2021 2nd
for
WK Miller Eakin #17.

They get cap relief big time and can go after the other Karlsson if they want

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->