Value of: Change of Scenery Young Forwards

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Not saying I want to trade him but for the Islanders if we got decent value for Dal Colle I would think of trading him. My guess is Dal Colle might work if he is a 2nd line LW who is paired with a passing center, but he really hasn't had that chance in Bridgeport(thus disappointing numbers). Given the right linemate he might find that offensive spark.

Reactions: IODCPiper

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Not saying I want to trade him but for the Islanders if we got decent value for Dal Colle I would think of trading him. My guess is Dal Colle might work if he is a 2nd line LW who is paired with a passing center, but he really hasn't had that chance in Bridgeport(thus disappointing numbers). Given the right linemate he might find that offensive spark.

I'm ready to write him off. 24 points in 60 AHL games this year is pathetic. Him and Connor Bleakley are the only 1st rounders from 2014 to not record a single point in the NHL, while guys like Drai and Pasta already have 200+ career NHL points.

There are very few offers for him that I'd say no to, and they'd all be cap dumps like Lucic for MDC.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
After three years of yo-yoing around the lineup, Zemgus Girgensons.

What happened to him? He was seen as the next Hossa by a ton of people and then he just stopped being talked about. Is he just bad? Is he still a beast on defense? Hard worker? What has been stopping him from taking that next step?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I'm ready to write him off. 24 points in 60 AHL games this year is pathetic. Him and Connor Bleakley are the only 1st rounders from 2014 to not record a single point in the NHL, while guys like Drai and Pasta already have 200+ career NHL points.

There are very few offers for him that I'd say no to, and they'd all be cap dumps like Lucic for MDC.

Not that I can see Arizona doing this but Dal Colle for Lawson Crouse would be my ideal trade, even if we throw in a 3rd rounder

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What happened to him? He was seen as the next Hossa by a ton of people and then he just stopped being talked about. Is he just bad? Is he still a beast on defense? Hard worker? What has been stopping him from taking that next step?

Sounds to me like he was just overrated.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I'm not sure Hossa would be a good comparable - he's always been about working hard to retrieve pucks and playing hard. Byslma moved him to the wing mostly in checking situations. By the end of Disco's second year, Gus was a shell of his former energetic self. There was a brief time on Eichel's wing that looked promising, then he got moved off for no given reason and put back into a 4th line role. At the end of Dan's tenure, Zemgus looked lifeless.

Then Housley comes along and it seemed every maybe there would be a renewal. And... more of the same. Girgensons goes up, plays well for a game or two on one of the top lines LW and then gets shifted down to 4th line center after Josefson got hurt or 3rd line LW. Phil seems like he wants to mitigate poor lines and diffuses his talent rather than trying to find a mismatch and exploit it offensively.

That said, Gus hasn't done much on the scoresheet this past year with the limited time he did get in a top 6 role. I think a trade would rejuvenate him.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Not that I can see Arizona doing this but Dal Colle for Lawson Crouse would be my ideal trade, even if we throw in a 3rd rounder

I'd ask around what young prospects are addicted to Fortnite, trade em for Dal Colle, and then do what my mom used to do when I was 12: take the controller and hide it in her room so I'd do my homework.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad