Proposal: Change of Scenery Trades

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
What players from teams would be a prime "need a new home" candidate for the season and what would be the teams needs/wants for those players.

A few off of the top of my head would be Sam Bennett and Christian Fischer.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Adam Larsson needs a new home. His play last season for 20 games prior to the play-one was good. This season he’s had maybe 3 good games. He’s not turning it around in Edmonton and as a pending UFA I’d shop him

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Compher's game right now is incredibly hollow compared to how he played a year or two ago. Maybe he needs to be traded to Chicago as he always plays better in front of his family and friends and has more points against Chicago than any other team. Whatever the case he seems in need of a wakeup call.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyer lurker

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
Adam Larsson needs a new home. His play last season for 20 games prior to the play-one was good. This season he’s had maybe 3 good games. He’s not turning it around in Edmonton and as a pending UFA I’d shop him
I feel like he's really been coming on the last couple weeks now. Been a beast physically, and playing a lot of minutes.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Compher's game right now is incredibly hollow compard to how he played a year or two ago. Maybe he needs to be traded to Chicago as he always plays better in front of his family and friends and has more points against Chicago than any other team. Whatever the case he seems in need of a wakeup call.
No thanks from the hawks

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004

Well you have lived up to your name. This is false, he has been on the ice to close out close games throughout this run so yes he is "turning it around" and you know what good teams do - they have something called depth.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Christian Fischer doesn't really need a change of scenery. He's fine where he's at.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Well you have lived up to your name. This is false, he has been on the ice to close out close games throughout this run so yes he is "turning it around" and you know what good teams do - they have something called depth.

What’s incorrect about the specifics I’ve mentioned? This is also about change of scenery moves. Not losing depth. Larsson has had a few good games recently but was trash to start the year. He’s also a pending UFA who’s had 3 unspectacular years in Edmonton. Do we even know if he’d re-sign in Edmonton? Try not making things personal if you can get a point across without resorting to childish comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I feel like he's really been coming on the last couple weeks now. Been a beast physically, and playing a lot of minutes.

He was excellent closing out the game vs the Jets no doubt. My concern is his overall play the last 3.5 years, his pending UFA status and our need to upgrade the D core. He just seems the logical piece to move for a number of reasons. If we upgrade the D core we need to off set salary being one of the main points. I also question how his back will hold up and I’m not really wanting Holland to make a long term commitment to him based of the games from the last 2 weeks.

We have a few options, keep the status quo and risk losing him as a UFA and address the D next off season or look at upgrades now.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Detroit needs a shake up and as much as I hate to say it I think Mantha is the most likely to go. The dude next to Barzal would be sorta scary

I’ve been campaigning for Mantha to be traded to my isles for years now. He’s a legit sniper. I’m shocked that his goal scoring totals aren’t higher in his career. Health was part of it too.

Reactions: WangMustGo

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Pretty minor but could turn out positive if each reach their potential is Sami Niku for Henrik Borgstrom.

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Jared McCann for more physical and/or defensive bottom six player

Ideally similar age and upside

Ex. could see a swap with Bennett working, or Virtanen as part of a three way deal (assuming the Canucks don’t want him back)

Reactions: DesertPenguin

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Bennett for Jost
Jost doesn't need a change of scenery. He's likely never going to be more than a defensively responsible 4th liner with elite PKing ability, but so long as his caphit stays low he will continue to be a valuable player for the Avs.

There's also no off-ice reasons for a change of scenery as Jost is very popular in the lockerroom and also received praise recently from Bednar for his extremely hard work and attention to details (like improving his faceoffs from 33% last season to 47.6% this year).

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What’s incorrect about the specifics I’ve mentioned? This is also about change of scenery moves. Not losing depth. Larsson has had a few good games recently but was trash to start the year. He’s also a pending UFA who’s had 3 unspectacular years in Edmonton. Do we even know if he’d re-sign in Edmonton? Try not making things personal if you can get a point across without resorting to childish comments.
Playoff teams don't trade away vital pieces due to UFA status. A shutdown D that plays a primary role on the PK who is one of two D on the roster who provide a physical presence is someone a playoff team would prefer to hold onto.

Your assessment of his play couldn't be less accurate. Definitely not a player looking for a change of scenery.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->