Value of: Change of scenery trades

ianhawk91

Jan 19, 2015
I've seen a few are good change of scenery trades like Gagner for spooner. Or Weise or schec were the money is close for both sides any one think any more trade that
examples
Tom Pyatt 1yr 1.1m for Jakub jerabek 1yr 1m
Jori Lehrer 1yr 4.7m for Matt Moulson 1yr 5m
Scott Wilson 2yr 1.05m for Martin frx 1yr 1.05m
Brain gibbons 1yr 1m, Andrew Sustr 1yr 1.3m for Jamie mcginn 1yr 3.1m
David sclemko 2yr 2.1m - mike Condon 2yr 2.4

Any one else think of trades like this that gm can go to help the people out and give the a change of scenery

ianhawk91

Jan 19, 2015
Also go do Zack Smith 3yr 3.25m and Mike Condon 2yr 2.4 for Karl alzner 4yr 4.625 salary in the trade is close Montreal save a million will get out of alzner 4 year contract a year early will Condon is done in 2 year and Smith is done in 3

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Also go do Zack Smith 3yr 3.25m and Mike Condon 2yr 2.4 for Karl alzner 4yr 4.625 salary in the trade is close Montreal save a million will get out of alzner 4 year contract a year early will Condon is done in 2 year and Smith is done in 3

We have Primeau coming into the picture soon and Lindgren signed to a good deal to be our backup. We don’t need Condon taking up a spot in the AHL. Worst comes to worst, we buyout Alzner this summer.

Reactions: hilarnat

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You can ask this about any trade to any team that is posted on HF . No fan wants to lose a trade so 99.9% are in favour of their team . I am sure you know all this so why are you on here ?

In the NHL, usually when you do something for someone, you get something out of it. Flyers gain nothing here, and Oil get cap space. The idea of this thread was 'change of scenery' not 'Everyone does the oilers a favor to get them out of cap issues'.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
In the NHL, usually when you do something for someone, you get something out of it. Flyers gain nothing here, and Oil get cap space. The idea of this thread was 'change of scenery' not 'Everyone does the oilers a favor to get them out of cap issues'.

All of this is true. But look at 95% of the trades that are proposed on this board. They are usually hated by fans of one team, or fans of both teams. Next to none of them are fair or legitimate trades that will actually happen. None of us are GM's, all of us want to rob other teams of their best players, none of us want to give up first round picks or top prospects.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
All of this is true. But look at 95% of the trades that are proposed on this board. They are usually hated by fans of one team, or fans of both teams. Next to none of them are fair or legitimate trades that will actually happen. None of us are GM's, all of us want to rob other teams of their best players, none of us want to give up first round picks or top prospects.

I mean, that's fine. I dont expect that every trade favors my team. I'm not sure where that narrative is coming from. This has nothing to do with my team 'losing' a trade. But this is a change of scenery thread. Schlemko isnt even on the team. Why would we trade him for someone we refused to sign to a contract a few months ago, who isnt an upgrade on anyone on the team currently, and just adds to our log jam of mediocre D? This isnt a "i dont like the idea of this trade, so im going to call it dumb" kinda thing. Someone proposed a trade that shows obvious benefits to the oilers (cap space) and absolutely no upside for the Flyers. At least the Talbot trade was justifiable as he was a friend of Hart's, fits the role of a vet backup, etc while giving the oilers cap relief. Theres literally no justification for this one.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Valeri Nichushkin and Julius Honka

Would you do Honka/Nichushkin for Tanner Pearson and Tristan Jarry? Maybe a (2020) pick thrown in there from Pitt? I would say Pearson/Maatta in the offseason, but that would probably be too much cap going back to Dallas. I'm in no rush to dump Pearson, but I recognize he hasnt taken off right away in Pitt. I also recognize that you probably want a D man coming back to dallas, so maybe Maatta is preferable.

Anyway, these are two "change of scenery" guys I wish the Pens had been all over when they still had Brassard and too many blueliners.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
We have Primeau coming into the picture soon and Lindgren signed to a good deal to be our backup. We don’t need Condon taking up a spot in the AHL. Worst comes to worst, we buyout Alzner this summer.

Eh, I actually think trading Alzner for Smith+Condon makes sense.

1) Less term and more money able to be buried in the AHL if the need arises. If you bury both then you carry an NHL cap hit of around 3.5 mil next year and around 2.175 the year after. They'd get hit on the cap most for when they can best afford it. Compare that to the 1.069 for an Alzner buyout next season and '22-'25 plus 4.194 in '20-'21 (when Domi needs a new contract) and 2.194 in '21-'22 and its an easy choice for Montreal. Especially since they don't care about eating money. If they can take advantage of Alzner's slight back diving contract, Smith's even contract and Condon's increasing contract, they should).

2) Smith seems like the kind of 4 C Julien would actually use, and Montreal will need one anyways.

3) I don't know that Primeau will be in the AHL next year. Montreal was short a goalie or two organizationally this year (see the AHL contract for LaCouvee). They're also pretty familiar with Condon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->