"Change of Scenery" Trade Candidates

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks top 6 looks good moving forward, especially with the emergence of Hoglander ..Hog has definitely given the second line a bit more spark.

In the bottom 6 ..I'm not seeing Jake and Gaudette here long term....Some of the aged out players/contracts will be moved on (Sven,Sutter,Roussel,Luongo cap..and with a year left on Erikssons deal, maybe they can find a way to make him disappear)..Hopefully, Pod will impress, and we could move Miller to 3C.?..The 3rd line requires a major overhaul though...imo

Even though the team is having a shit season, I'm still optimistic here..Team needs a few competent moves (whoever's in charge), the key players are here....Ever onward.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I'd trade Miller for a bluechip prospect + 2022 first.

There was a trade forum thread on Miller and some of the offers were no brainers to me, given our real contention window being 2+ years away.

Maybe it's too big of a trade for the scope of this thread. In that case, Virtanen, Sutter and Pearson would be my trade bait this year. No picks.

Also offer Chatfield+ in a deal for a dman from a team that doesn't have enough protection slots. Chatfield gives them a player to expose, leverage this plus our extra protection slot on defense.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Canucks top 6 looks good moving forward, especially with the emergence of Hoglander ..Hog has definitely given the second line a bit more spark.

In the bottom 6 ..I'm not seeing Jake and Gaudette here long term....Some of the aged out players/contracts will be moved on (Sven,Sutter,Roussel,Luongo cap..and with a year left on Erikssons deal, maybe they can find a way to make him disappear)..Hopefully, Pod will impress, and we could move Miller to 3C.?..The 3rd line requires a major overhaul though...imo

Even though the team is having a shit season, I'm still optimistic here..Team needs a few competent moves (whoever's in charge), the key players are here....Ever onward.

What do you project this team to be next year?

When do you expect a top 5 contender?

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Day after TDL the following MUST be off the team:

Sutter
Edler
Pearson

HOPEFUL BUT HOPES IS JUST HOPES N DREAMS:

Roussell
Beagle
Baertchi

NO HOPE IN HELL UNLESS THE NEW GM IS GENIOUS:

Myers
Eriksson

Doesn't Edler have a NTC? I thought he was one who wasn't interested in leaving. We can not re-sign him but don't think we can convince him to be traded.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What do you project this team to be next year?

When do you expect a top 5 contender?
I see us getting better when Petey and Hughes are into their primes. Too bad, when that happens, Bo and Miller will be gone. Imo we should be rebuilding around Petey and Hughes’ future.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Do not trade Gaudette!! Too early to give up on him.....no problem with Jake...we have given him more time than he has deserved.

I'm just going to point out that Gaudette turns 25 this October. I'm not writing him off or anything but he's a different situation then the usual prospect.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Doesn't Edler have a NTC? I thought he was one who wasn't interested in leaving. We can not re-sign him but don't think we can convince him to be traded.

Yeah Edler has a full NMC so he's not going anywhere unless he wants to. Same with Hamonic (and Ferland lol.)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If there's even a sliver of a chance that Benning is sacked at the end of the season, I don't want him making any trades right now. Too many Gudbranson and Sutter trades for me. I'm gun-shy.

Let the season play out, and then the new guy can deal with Virtanen, Gaudette or anyone else the Canucks are thinking of dealing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad