Change in Smoking Zone at SBP.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Not surprised at this. The smoke is pretty intense during intermission, right to Row A in the 200s. E-mail from the Sens is below.

----------------------------------------------------

As a valued season-seat owner, we would like to inform you of a change in our smoking policy. The smoking areas at Gate 2 & 3 and the smoking deck in section 209 will no longer be available. Gate 1 will be the new (and only) smoking area for guests at Scotiabank Place.

This policy is effective today (Tuesday, Feb. 5), for the Senators game against the Buffalo Sabres and will remain in place for all future Senators games and Scotiabank Place events.

The heavy congestion at Gate 2 and 3 and at the smoking deck in section 209 were impacting the overall guest experience particularly during intermissions. In addition, fans and season-seat owners have complained that smoke coming from these areas was finding its way back into the concourse and negatively impacting their game experience.

This relocation of the smoking areas will dramatically reduce and hopefully eliminate the flow of smoke coming back into the Scotiabank Place.
Tickets of those individuals who leave the building to smoke will be scanned in and out, consistent with the policy that has been in place at Gates 2 & 3.

We are listening to our fans and always looking to improve the experience of the game. You can also access the new policy information on our Scotiabank Place website. If you have any questions or concerns, please email [email protected].

Kind regards,

Ottawa Senators Hockey Club

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I'm a smoker and am ok with this. Last game I went to was brutal just trying to get there...didn't even bother in the 2nd intermission. Didn't even know about the smoke getting back in so I don't have a problem taking it somewhere else either. As a smoker I think it's gross so I don't want to screw anyone else's night up.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I'm a smoker and am ok with this. Last game I went to was brutal just trying to get there...didn't even bother in the 2nd intermission. Didn't even know about the smoke getting back in so I don't have a problem taking it somewhere else either. As a smoker I think it's gross so I don't want to screw anyone else's night up.

For such a polite and considerate smoker, your avatar makes me chuckle.

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011

Wish all smokers were like you! :handclap:

KarlssonMarx

Be Red
Mar 1, 2012
Halifax
Damn, that smoking deck made it SO easy to sneak into game. I'm really gonna miss that. Don't think too many smokers are gonna complain about this. I'm a smoker and I could care less (other than not being able to sneak in anymore). Gotta wonder how long it'll be until smoking is completely banned in all public places though...

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
didnt know flow back to the arena was a huge problem.

seems inconvenient not to have a smoking deck though. You were able to go there without the whole ticket thing, right?

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Sitting in 308 on opening night, I thought someone was smoking in the stands. Turns out the smoking section was behind the section.

Hey I like a cigarette when I'm having a few beers but I have nothing against what they have done.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Sitting in 308 on opening night, I thought someone was smoking in the stands. Turns out the smoking section was behind the section.

Hey I like a cigarette when I'm having a few beers but I have nothing against what they have done.

agreed. So by gate one, do they just mean outside the main doors?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Ban smoking from Canada. Problem solved.

Then ban alcohol, and soft drinks and fried foods. Hell anything with more sugar or fat then is considered healthy.

Then we should ban mp3 players, cause a few people have been hit by cars while wearing them.

Lets ban short skirts too because once a guy drove into a flock of penguins while he was staring at some chicks ass cheeks.

Oh and lets ban perfume, cause sometimes the smell is a little overbearing. Hmmm what else can we ban? Please government tells us what do to!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Then ban alcohol, and soft drinks and fried foods. Hell anything with more sugar or fat then is considered healthy.

Then we should ban mp3 players, cause a few people have been hit by cars while wearing them.

Lets ban short skirts too because once a guy drove into a flock of penguins while he was staring at some chicks ass cheeks.

Oh and lets ban perfume, cause sometimes the smell is a little overbearing. Hmmm what else can we ban? Please government tells us what do to!

Pretty sure he was being facetious...

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa

Same for 211/210 during another game, was really surprised to hear that it was coming from the smoking deck. Hope the new set-up is reasonable though and not to much of a PITA for the smokers.

Senacus Maximus

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Last year I went out to one of the smoking decks with one of my buddies who smokes. It was a maze packed full of people and the air was so bad I thought I was going to choke.

Disgusting place.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Glad they moved the smoking from the 2nd level. It was brutal up there.

Today the main concourse was abit smokey but not nearly as bad as the bus exhaust from 59 buses blowing directly into the tunnel to the far parking lot. Ban the buses!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad