Confirmed with Link: Chandler Stephenson from the Caps for 5th Round Pick (2021)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He'll be a 26yo RFA after this season. Nosek's replacement next year in all likelihood.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I just do not understand why we even wasted a 5th round pick on this guy.
He can backfill for Eakins absence, giving them toughness and speed and veteran experience. Now they dont have two rookie forwards breaking in at the same time.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If they want Roy to keep developing into a third liner and want Stephenson at 4C this season and possibly a cheap 4C for a few more years then I don't mind giving up the extra 5th we have in that draft.

Could mean that if Glass can play well at center that Stastny could be traded in the offseason for defensive help if they would be okay with Karlsson-Glass-Roy-Stephenson/Nosek down the middle. Would open up a huge amount of money for an RD if Pietrangelo was available.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
From what I have seen of him, he's very good on the PK and defense, doesn't score much. Worth the little we paid. He's RFA, so no big loss if he doesn't work out.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
My thoughts are this maybe a move to keep Stone off the PK by having Nosek & Stephenson. It might be that like Karlsson & Smith, they want to use linemates on the PK for line management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad