Post-Game Talk: Champs vs Ex Champs 7pm (Caps v Penguins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Did I say you did? Do we know that there is a meltdown after almost every loss? Did you read where regardless of the 7 game winning streak that there are those here not liking how they are playing? You seriously think that the Caps can lose without the typical post game meltdown? Really?

Well, you quoted my post and were talking to me — so I assumed your comments were directed to me.

Obviously there is a lot of negative hyperbole on here. It’s pathetic. Some of the posters on here (well, only a couple, really) won’t be happy no matter what the team does. But I can’t get into that banter.

Hence why I didn’t understand why you quoted me and then talked about meltdowns.

See what I’m talking about?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Well, you quoted my post and were talking to me — so I assumed your comments were directed to me.

Obviously there is a lot of negative hyperbole on here. It’s pathetic. Some of the posters on here (well, only a couple, really) won’t be happy no matter what the team does. But I can’t get into that banter.

Hence why I didn’t understand why you quoted me and then talked about meltdowns.

See what I’m talking about?

The reference to the meltdown had to do with the importance that I was putting on the game. Not you, Rids. Is everything about you? Are you think smartest guy in the room? Are you never wrong? Of course not. :naughty::naughty:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I have a busy evening ahead of me and may not have time to stop here later and register my meltdown, so I would like to do so now, preemptively. I like to be first with the meltdown. Kind of a point of pride with me.

As happy as I’ve been with the caps lately, and as pessimistic as some Penguins fans have been lately, the reality is that the teams aren’t far apart in the standings, and i wouldn’t be shocked if either team went on to win the whole thing this spring.

No matter what happens tonight, whether Caps win or lose, whether they blow out Pens or get blown out (or lose a nailbiter), doesn’t mean much for what will happen in the playoffs. The playoffs are their own deal. I guess the Lightning are the prohibitive favorite at this point, but I am just fine with that, having watched the Caps flame out as prohibitive favorites in the past

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I have a busy evening ahead of me and may not have time to stop here later and register my meltdown, so I would like to do so now, preemptively. I like to be first with the meltdown. Kind of a point of pride with me.

As happy as I’ve been with the caps lately, and as pessimistic as some Penguins fans have been lately, the reality is that the teams aren’t far apart in the standings, and i wouldn’t be shocked if either team went on to win the whole thing this spring.

No matter what happens tonight, whether Caps win or lose, whether they blow out Pens or get blown out (or lose a nailbiter), doesn’t mean much for what will happen in the playoffs. The playoffs are their own deal. I guess the Lightning are the prohibitive favorite at this point, but I am just fine with that, having watched the Caps flame out as prohibitive favorites in the past

Thanks. You've saved me having to type exactly the same thing :thumbu:

Here's to a good game - win or lose.

Reactions: kicksavedave

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
oooohhhhh, 4 pages before puck drop. We sure are setting ourselves up for one helluva GDT. Here's what this place will look like if the Caps come out looking like the Craps.

giphy.gif

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Pens board is split on whether they want Guds to take out Wilson (as if he can) or to just taunt Willy and let Wilson take himself out. They haven't seen him play lately, apparently, and have also erased Oleksiak from their collective memory banks. One thing is for sure, Willy has permanently set up shop in their psyche.

Reactions: Lobodomy

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
cant watch this time, huge day in work incoming

**** penguins, just in case :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->