Euro: Champions League Semifinals

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Yet another ugly stain on Messis's career. He has had trouble on away games recently and on world cup always. The arguments, that his success is a product of Barcelona will get even more wind from this; after last year in Rome.
Messi is not a *winner*.

ps. Last week Helsingin Sanomat had 4 articles about how Messi should get ballon d'or already. I wonder if those same 4 will even write about Pools win. *puke*

Oh dear, yes, Messi is responsible for allowing 4 goals.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Enrique vs Valverde
A6882E7F-1970-4195-8219-14132D61DDB9.jpeg

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
There's justice in Origi scoring a bunch of big goals this season. Origi, who looked like his career would never be the same after having his leg broken by Funes Mori and who didn't inspire confidence on his Wolfsburg loan. In six months he's gone from looking an absolutely peripheral player for Liverpool to looking a legend.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Obviously the goals and such were insane, but I went crazy when this happened too late in the game.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Sold their soul...
LOL.
Liverpool, Real and all sure haven't sold theirs, right?
For sure. That’s why I laugh when Barca and Madrid fans feel that their clubs and their fans are so different from each other.

Aside from old historical political ties, both clubs and fanbases are essentially the exact same pile.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I woke up this morning with an absolutely tittish smile on my face.

This is our destiny.
My first thought this morning was wondering what thoughts are going on in the head of Coutinho.

He couldn’t leave Liverpool fast enough to experience European glory with Barca (who have crapped the bed in Europe since particularly Xavi and Iniesta left (who would’ve guessed that?) ) while Liverpool has gone on to two consecutive European Cup finals as soon as he left.

Reactions: New Jersey

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Coutinho was good enough for Liverpool. He is not good enough for Barcelona. He's in a weird place where his transfer will cost a lot and he's probably on high wages, but he's not good enough for the aspirations of the teams that can afford those. Where does he go? Seems like a relatively small world. United, PSG, Arsenal?

That Barcelona loss was largely funded by Barcelona.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Barcelona had no soul to sell, but they were able to create this illusion that they had.

No team is forever the best - in any sport. Would Barcelona always have been the best if they had "kept their soul" (the one they never had)? Hardly.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
People blaming Messi are just stats watcher or pure hater. He was light out yesterday with his passes and he created almost all of Barcelona scoring chances by himself.

I feel for him but I am very happy liverpool pulled through.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
People blaming Messi are just stats watcher or pure hater. He was light out yesterday with his passes and he created almost all of Barcelona scoring chances by himself.

I feel for him but I am very happy liverpool pulled through.
I think there’s only one person here who blamed Messi and that person probably didn’t watch the game. He had a good first half and then the entire team was neutralized and shocked in the second half.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Saw this on another soccer forum

Which is where you should have left it. I know I've said it before, but once again another glaring example right here. As stupid as it is to post something that clueless in the first, it's another level of stupidity to re-post it somewhere else like it's actually correct. So much nonsense:

• It wasn't UNESCO, it was UNICEF. And it wasn't a sponsorship. UNICEF wasn't sponsoring the club.
  • The timing also happens to coincide with a change in the board, yet that board won a CL as part of a Treble as well.
  • The number of La Masia players who have played in the first team consists of Messi, Pique, Busquets, Alba, Sergi, Alena, Puig, Munir and Rafinha, four of whom started yesterday while one was on the bench, one on loan and another injured. And tell me what clubs competing at our level have that many homegrown players who start much less are in the first team? Better yet tell me what La Masia players past or present who are still playing today would have changed that result?
  • Any issues with La Masia are as much down to trying to keep the team in Segunda and players' ability to get better contracts elsewhere because of the differences in labor laws than they are to buying players.
  • The Coutinho and Dembele buys weren't funded by sponsorship but rather the sale of Neymar.
  • Like I already pointed out in this very thread, Liverpool have spent about much is in terms of net spend (slightly more I think) in the past two seasons as we have. Did they sell their soul? Is money the end-all be-all for Liverpool? Have they sold their soul?

What's more likely is some people have sold their brain. Hopefully for them it's a final sale transaction with no refund.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I remember when people were skeptical of the Wijnaldum buy at the time it happened. Klopp really knows how to pick his players.

Reactions: New Jersey

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Still puzzled by Valverde’s decision to start Roberto at RB at Anfield when Sergi completely struggled in that position in the 1st leg, to the point that Valverde had to bring in Semedo in the 2nd half.

Ofcourse that wasn’t the only issue in the game, not sure why Valverde didn’t turn to Arthur earlier in this tie when Arthur has been behind some of their best performances this season, and ofcourse Alba’s had a monster season but completely shit the bed yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->