Euro: Champions League Semifinals

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
No, that is not an answer. That's golbledigook. Again, here is my argument:

Yet another ugly stain on Messis's career. He has had trouble on away games recently and on world cup always. The arguments, that his success is a product of Barcelona will get even more wind from this; after last year in Rome.
Messi is not a *winner*.

Dispute it with arguments if you can, not by baseless oneliners.

Your "argument", which incredibly you posted a second time, its a baseless four-liner.

• It's not down to Messi we didn't advance. If anything he's a big reason we went out by only one goal on aggregate.
  • He's not had trouble in away games recently.
  • He's had excellent World Cups and was a big reason Argentina went to a Final.
  • His success is in part because he is a product of a Barcelona, but it's also in part down to his skill, workrate, ambition and desire.
  • Messi is very obviously a winner. He's won countless trophies and played a major part along the way to winning pretty much all of them. He's already won La Liga this season, once again for the umpteenth time being the best player along the way, and could very well add another Copa.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
There is a lot in their performance that indicates some of them thought that way. Chiefly among them Rakitic.

If they did I think that evaporated after the second goal. Still I don't think they thought that, or at least I don't think they thought they could just show up and they'd go through. It'd make it much easier to accept some of the performances if I thought they did, not that they're easy to accept in the first place.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This is all true but he doesn’t win today so he’s useless.

Also copa is a dream at this point.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If they did I think that evaporated after the second goal. Still I don't think they thought that, or at least I don't think they thought they could just show up and they'd go through. It'd make it much easier to accept some of the performances if I thought they did, not that they're easy to accept in the first place.

I just thought Rakitic didn't care at all, and that after Coutinho got ran over a few times he quit trying. Those sorts of performances are worst felt in the midfield. My opinion on Coutinho isn't really driven by him leaving because I'd take him back for a fair amount of money if he fit our team, but he no longer does. I have seen this happen a few times when he was at Liverpool too. But that's just what I perceived from the game and I could be wrong.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
It seems that you did not watch the game. Alisson had to make three very, very good saves in the first half. Another one in the second half.

This one right here is top class.

So since I cant decipher your random wordsalad of:

Lol no. Even with one or two having a horror half, as a team they were playing pretty well at that point.

It must mean I actually didn't even watch the game.

Just stop those idiotic SoMe onliners. I'm closer to 50 than 15, I don't do those,

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I just thought Rakitic didn't care at all, and that after Coutinho got ran over a few times he quit trying. Those sorts of performances are worst felt in the midfield. My opinion on Coutinho isn't really driven by him leaving because I'd take him back for a fair amount of money if he fit our team, but he no longer does. But that's just what I perceived from the game and I could be wrong.

I just wouldn't say that about Rakitic. I wouldn't even say it about Coutinho.

I think the team was shell-schocked after the second and third goals and how they came in quick succession.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So since I cant decipher your random wordsalad of:

It must mean I actually didn't even watch the game.

Just stop those idiotic SoMe onliners. I'm closer to 50 than 15, I don't do those,

Yeah you're definitely showing your age too by forgetting things. I'm in my 30s btw.

You didn't watch the game because you said he was broken after creating numerous great chances, all of which you didn't even know about. It was not a smart comment.

Reactions: gary69 and les Habs

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Another thing to note Liverpool scored 6 minutes into the match and 8 minutes into the second half and another 2 minutes later. This is a clear lack of focus and a mental issue. It’s also the coach’s job to prepare them. He’s a f***ing mid table manager honestly, him playing coutinho again in itself should be fireable offence.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah you're definitely showing your age too by forgetting things. I'm in my 30s btw.

You didn't watch the game because you said he was broken after creating numerous great chances, all of which you didn't even know about. It was not a smart comment.
Wait he didn’t watch the game but comments on the game? lol typical Hf

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Another thing to note Liverpool scored 6 minutes into the match and 8 minutes into the second half and another 2 minutes later. This is a clear lack of focus and a mental issue. It’s also the coach’s job to prepare them. He’s a ****ing mid table manager honestly, him playing coutinho again in itself should be fireable offence.

Exactly. He said they prepared for Liverpool to come out, but I didn't see it. Players are partly responsible to be sure, but he should have spelled it out for them before the match much less at half time.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
A Spanish double is a great season assuming they can win it, and the Copa is a big deal historically, but it won't be a consolation for today.
It won’t be a consolation but it would mean more. Assuming you’re referring to Copa America. And not Copa del Rey

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It won’t be a consolation but it would mean more. Assuming you’re referring to Copa America. And not Copa del Rey

I could care less about Copa America. I'm referring to the Copa del Rey. Don't get me wrong, I want Messi to win it for everything he's done for us.

Merya

Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Your "argument", which incredibly you posted a second time, its a baseless four-liner.

• It's not down to Messi we didn't advance. If anything he's a big reason we went out by only one goal on aggregate.
  • He's not had trouble in away games recently.
  • He's had excellent World Cups and was a big reason Argentina went to a Final.
  • His success is in part because he is a product of a Barcelona, but it's also in part down to his skill, workrate, ambition and desire.
  • Messi is very obviously a winner. He's won countless trophies and played a major part along the way to winning pretty much all of them. He's already won La Liga this season, once again for the umpteenth time being the best player along the way, and could very well add another Copa.

Messi is the leader of the team. Ofcource its on him.
He has had trouble in Champions league away games decively two years in a row. He was also a disappointment in worldcup 2018.
2014 Messi disappeared after pool stage. His win of the player of the tournament was considered a farce even by biggest Messi fans.
All Messi's trophies are in Barca. Internationally noone cares about copa or la liga. Bayern and Juve have won 8 times in a row, noone lifts that as a great achievement for any of their players.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Wait he didn’t watch the game but comments on the game? lol typical Hf

Anyone who blames Messi must not have watched the game. The only reason Barcelona didn't score from his chances in the first half was because of a world class keeper. In the second half Liverpool planned completely to take him out of the game and it worked. Nobody supported Messi particularly well at that point and he still caused our players massive problems a few times.

I think it's pretty disingenuous to say the guy who had such little support he had to dribble past five people every time he got the ball is to blame for a team not advancing. Totally ridiculous and even if he dribbled past all five, someone would foul him because Liverpool were well coached to do so. So again, ridiculous.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Messi is the leader of the team. Ofcource its on him.
He has had trouble in Champions league away games decively two years in a row. He was also a disappointment in worldcup 2018.
2014 Messi disappeared after pool stage. His win of the player of the tournament was considered a farce even by biggest Messi fans.
All Messi's trophies are in Barca. Internationally noone cares about copa or la liga. Bayern and Juve have won 8 times in a row, noone lifts that as a great achievement for any of their players.

No, it's on Valverde.
You said away games recently, now you're saying something else. I wouldn't say he had "trouble" today.
I guess it would depend on your expectations of him in World Cup 2018. I think he had a good World Cup.
He didn't disappear after the group stage. Not sure what you were watching.
Well these "noones" you're referring to are just that. If "noone" can appreciate winning the best league in the World and being the best player in said league for over a decade then "noone" shouldn't bother with football.

Reactions: gary69

Merya

Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki

He looked broken, judging by his eyes, when walking to dressing room after first half.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No one thinks Serie A, La Liga or Bundesliga trophies as prestige’s? Hmm wonder why players flock to Juve, Bayern, Madrid’s and Barca then.

Leagues might not matter to some guy in Finland where their league is trash and they don't have any players good enough to play in those leagues. But it matters to everyone else.

He looked broken, judging by his eyes, when walking to dressing room after first half.

He was pissed because Alisson saved a great chance 30 seconds before that. I think you're reading too much into things and that ultimately this is a team game. Today's match was the best example of it being a team game.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I could care less about Copa America. I'm referring to the Copa del Rey. Don't get me wrong, I want Messi to win it for everything he's done for us.
Ah I thought we were talking about different things. Either way for Barca this it everything else is meh.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Another thing to note Liverpool scored 6 minutes into the match and 8 minutes into the second half and another 2 minutes later. This is a clear lack of focus and a mental issue. It’s also the coach’s job to prepare them. He’s a ****ing mid table manager honestly, him playing coutinho again in itself should be fireable offence.

It goes further than that.

In the Roma game last year, the goals were scored at 6', 58', and 82'.

Today, they were scored at 7', 54', 56', and 79'.

It's almost uncanny how similar those are.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I doubt it. Maybe after the 2 quick goals but at the half being down 0-1 in the game, they were still in control of the tie and Messi had created enough to still feel very confident going to the 2nd half.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

:laugh: "Oh look, Messi has sad eyes."

Ah I thought we were talking about different things. Either way for Barca this it everything else is meh.

Yes and know. CL is obviously the big one, but leagues like La Liga and the Premiership still matter a lot. For the primary cups are also worth something and historically the Copa del Rey has been very important the club.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It goes further than that.

In the Roma game last year, the goals were scored at 6', 58', and 82'.

Today, they were scored at 7', 54', 56', and 79'.

It's almost uncanny how similar those are.

Very interesting. Not sure if there's anything to that, but there probably is. Uncanny indeed.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
:laugh: "Oh look, Messi has sad eyes."

Yes and know. CL is obviously the big one, but leagues like La Liga and the Premiership still matter a lot. For the primary cups are also worth something and historically the Copa del Rey has been very important the club.
For me it goes La Liga> CL >>>> copa unless Madrid wins it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->