Euro: Champions League Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
To be fair, the Cup games are home and away in the Copa del Rey. Which is like two Cups.
And no winter break means more time during the season. Other leagues have to compress their schedules.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
To be fair, the Cup games are home and away in the Copa del Rey. Which is like two Cups.
And no winter break means more time during the season. Other leagues have to compress their schedules.
I'd be interested to see if there's some kind of scientific data on the effects of having say a couple weeks break between intense training/games and continuous play. As much as the gametime ends up being about the same I'm inclined to believe giving your body that rest period is better for the player to reset and recharge.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
First and foremost, returning to the Champions League final would be tremendously satisfying. Doing so at Coutinho's expense would be a bonus.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Liverpool v Ajax is the final, unless Liverpool get blown out at Camp Nou

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think Liverpool v Ajax is the final, unless Liverpool get blown out at Camp Nou
Ehhhh even with Firmino I wasn't confident in beating Barcelona. I think it's a pretty even tie, but if Firmino is out, or playing injured, I think Barcelona should be favourites.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ehhhh even with Firmino I wasn't confident in beating Barcelona. I think it's a pretty even tie, but if Firmino is out, or playing injured, I think Barcelona should be favourites.
Barca are certainly the favorites but I don't think they are thrilled to be playing Liverpool either. This is the real final. Firmino has a shot to play, fitness test tomorrow

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Let Ajax remain the underdog, please. I'm quite worried now that some view Tottenham as the lesser one.
No insult to Tottenham but with their injuries and tired legs, the last kind of team they should want to see is a bunch of energetic 20 year olds who are going to press them hard. This is potentially a very rough match up for them. Of course they can take a 0 0 to the 75th minute (or later) and get a cheap goal like they usually do, but that might be their best way to advance.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Tottenham have 10 times the budget Ajax has. They will field a strong team, regardless. They won't underestimate Ajax like Real and Juve did.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Liverpool can beat Barca for sure. However this Barca team is focused and determined. A Roma repeat won’t happen so, I think it will be a nail bitter with one team slithering by.

Reactions: YNWA14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool can beat Barca for sure. However this Barca team is focused and determined. A Roma repeat won’t happen so, I think it will be a nail bitter with one team slithering by.
I'd say Liverpool is pretty focused and determined as well. And they are certainly better than that Roma team. This is a very even match up. Need to be close after Leg 1 though. If Anfield is a factor, Liverpool kn good shape. For Anfield not to be a factor, they will need to have literally the worst loss of their season at Camp Nou. Which could happen but I think it's going to be tight

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I meant Barca slipping when they all but locked up the tie. Liverpool are leaps and bounds better than Roma and at a similar level to this barca team.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'd say Liverpool is pretty focused and determined as well. And they are certainly better than that Roma team. This is a very even match up. Need to be close after Leg 1 though. If Anfield is a factor, Liverpool kn good shape. For Anfield not to be a factor, they will need to have literally the worst loss of their season at Camp Nou. Which could happen but I think it's going to be tight
So you mean that if Pool wins 3-2 with the "Anfield factor" like against PSG, they need to have their "worst loss of the season" by a whopping 0-1 at Camp Nou?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So you mean that if Pool wins 3-2 with the "Anfield factor" like against PSG, they need to have their "worst loss of the season" by a whopping 0-1 at Camp Nou?
I'm saying if I was Valverde, tactically I would want to blow them out in Leg 1, but also Liverpool have only lost one game by more goal this season. Barca's best route to advance is to win by two or more goals at Camp Nou, but that may be easier said than done based on the evidence.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Erik ten Hag: “Pochettino saying it’s unfair that we have more rest? We play in the Eredivisie where we get 10 million from TV-rights. They play in the Premier League where they get 200 million. So you tell me what’s fair?”

Get 'em Erik.

Reactions: Ajacied

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
We're almost unbeatable at home in these ties, I'm expecting a win tomorrow... that may not be enough in the end, though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I just really don't want to see Sturridge up front again. I know it's an off the wall idea, and it won't happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing Klopp try Wijnaldum in the Firmino role. He can play there, and would be a better fit between Mane/Salah than any of our other strikers, or playing one of those two up front.

Mane - Gini - Salah
Keita - Henderson
Fabinho
Robertson - van Dijk - Gomez* - TAA
Alisson

*obviously more liked Matip/Lovren​

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I dont think there is anyway the midfield on Wednesday is anything but Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
We're almost unbeatable at home in these ties, I'm expecting a win tomorrow... that may not be enough in the end, though.
If Barca keep a clean sheet and win the tie should be theirs. Just not as confident they will not concede as I was against united lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad