GWT: Champions League Round of 16

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
:laugh:
That's twice now that you seem to tell me I didn't criticize Mourinho enough?
Surely you must mistake me for another poster :laugh:

I've made my feelings quite clear on him.

No. I said you didn't say the same thing about Mourinho even though it applies and you've keep harping on about it as regards Guardiola.

Either way I'm not just referring to you personally. It applies to a whole host of other posters on this forum and people elsewhere. Take today for example. You have a poster who very likely never said the same thing about Mourinho on top of the fact that the manager of the club he supports didn't have the balls to take the Aston Villa post and instead chose paltry Liverpool.

All these things are very wrong (especially 3 and 4) except for arguably the challenge part, but that is wrong too imo.

So much wrong with it it's amazing. Only the challenge bit is arguable and Tiki Taka not being related to Guardiola, though I think it's clear he thinks it is.

I still don't feel he's the right man for Bayern, and he damn near cost them dearly yesterday. Tried and true offensive tactics saved the day for them. Too bad it took them almost the entire match to adjust.

Good thing it was only him and not Alaba, Neuer or Juve actually being a top side.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Phew, fortunate draw for Bayern on paper after a damn tough nut in Juve. Hope the team remembers last year's visit to Portugal, though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'd say it's the toughest draw possible for Barca. This is tactically the worst matchup for them. Still tney should go through and win the whole thing anyway.

Bayern with the easiest draw (on paper). They should go through.

Real with arguably the best possible draw for them. Wolfsburg has a decent chance since Real seems completely out of sync, but the individual talent should make Real go through.

PSG City is a golden chance for PSG to finally break the QF spell. Hope they don't blow it. City is certainly dangerous but PSG is favourites I'd say.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Wow, Real with another easy draw, somebody wants them to do well :sarcasm:

Definitely the most challenging draw for Barca, PSG City should be an interesting match. PSG definitely favourites but City has potential

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
PSG vs Man City is the only exciting matchup.

Real, Barca, Bayern and PSG will advance.

And then we'll have to endure Evilo until next year arguing that PSG is a top 3 team in Europe ;)

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Looks like the 1st leg of Barca- Atleti is 3 days after El Clasico.

As for Real Madrid, they are such a mess right now, I wouldn't be surprised if VFL kick them out

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG vs Man City is the only exciting matchup.

Real, Barca, Bayern and PSG will advance.

And then we'll have to endure Evilo until next year arguing that PSG is a top 3 team in Europe ;)

Top 4 is enough. Was my point years ago that they'd be there. Tough CL draws have prevented them from getting there, but that's where they belong.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
:laugh:VFL Wolfsburg's Arabic Twitter: "We're lucky for the second time, the easiest opponent in the Quarters is Madrid... We'll win for sure against the worst team in Madrid!"

:laugh: Nobody respects Madrid

:(

:laugh:

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
PSG easily Barcelona more easy than expected Bayern no worry, the one potential upset would be Wolfsburg.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Wow. Madrid finally get a tough draw in the CL. Oh wait...

Tough draw for us in Atleti, but I'd still prefer them to PSG, Bayern or Madrid. We've won it in recent years with tough roads to the Final so I'm confident in the players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->