GWT: Champions League Round of 16

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Good half for Chelsea. They looked to be completely out of depth in the first 15 minutes and then had 5 good minutes and a crossbar.
That goal seemed to hurt them but Hazard and Willian put them back in the game.

All in all that 1-1 scoreline is rather warranted.
PSG needs to play much better than this offensively. Di Maria needs to get his **** together or go to the bench instead of Cavani.

PSG were really cautious going forward, they never really committed many players. I wonder if they'll open up more to begin the second half, or if the fact they were still able to get in behind Chelsea a number of times will lead them to continue as they are.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I left for ten minutes to go do a delivery and missed two goals. Needless to say I'm mad :laugh: From what I saw, 1-1 is a fair halftime score. Costa should've put that home though.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If Paris can't turn all this pressure into a goal soon they're going to regret it..

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
2-1 final and I'd say fair score. Chelsea deserved something out of that game.

Apparently, Pastore has re-injured himself playing 5 minutes. Same story all year long. Comes back after a month and goes out injured.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
2-1 a fair result. Courtois probably should've done better on the Cavani goal, but he was amazing besides that so I won't fault him. Awesome performance from Cahill too. Feel disappointed with the result, but had you told me going into it that we'd snag an away goal and keep it close then I woulda taken it and ran. Sets up a good second leg.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I'd agree, fair result, Chelsea has an away goal to work with so all's not lost for them

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Benfica should have won by 2/3 goals.

Gaitain missed a huge chance in front of the keeper, launched it right at him.

1-0 heading to Russia, we got a chance..especially once Salvio works his way back into the starting XI in place of Pizzi and Nelson Semedo replaces Andre Almeida

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad