GWT: Champions League Round of 16 Part III

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Remember when people really got on me for saying Mane was just as good as Salah at the beginning of this season?

giphy.gif

Remember YNWA14 making a million statements and one of them ends up being correct for a period of time..... amazing.....

This year Sissoko is better than Eriksen. I guess that makes Sissoko the better player since now is the only thing that matters. Maybe Spurs should get 100m+ for Sissoko as well....

Sorry. A bit over the top, but I guess I just dislike those kind of posts....

Reactions: Evilo and Gecklund

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I just don’t want to play City or Porto. We already saw that last year.
I wouldn’t complain with Porto because I think that’s the easiest draw. Even if they would be jacked up after last season. More rest for some of the players would be better. But it is what it is, Liverpool is a tough draw for anyone

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Spurs have recently played 5 of the teams they can get drawn against for the QF. Slightly boring. Ajax would be fun - even if it will be slightly embarrassing being eliminated by them - which I think would happen if they played today.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Spurs have recently played 5 of the teams they can get drawn against for the QF. Slightly boring. Ajax would be fun - even if it will be slightly embarrassing being eliminated by them - which I think would happen if they played today.
Embarrassing getting eliminated by Ajax? Now I’ve heard it all.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
I fully expect Barcelona to win it now, with City having an outside chance.

This. I mean of the remaining teams Barca winning would clearly be 'best for BUSINESS', though Citeh have incurred more net spend (i.e. expenditures - revenues) than almost any club in the world the last 10 years so maybe 'new money' will prevail over 'old money'.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's funny how Liverpool went from last season's "I can't believe this is happening" to me now believing they can get to the final and win no matter who they play.

Remember when people really got on me for saying Mane was just as good as Salah at the beginning of this season?

giphy.gif

You're wrong nearly all the time and you're gloating when Salah has more goals and way more assists? Maybe you should learn how to read or something.

Everyone knew Salah's 2017/2018 campaign was a fluke. This version is what you'll get. Though he still has a few elite outings every now and then.

It wasn't necessarily a fluke, but Liverpool also changed their style of play to where most of the assists now come from fullbacks, and with Salah also playing wide, his goals were gonna go down some. Firmino has also been not so great this season, but again, I think this comes down to changing the way they play.

Reactions: Evilo

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah you totaly meant that Salah would be quite a bit worse than last year when you said Mane will be as good as he is, so believable.
I did, actually and spoke about it at length. I was also the only person that even toyed with the idea Salah could score 40 last year (blasted for that too). I was very vocal about Salah not being as good as last year and that he's overrated though (still a fantastic player).

Anyway, it's pointless to talk about since this board is toxic and has a very specific type of narrative (just look at Havre and LITN's posts, even though I've been pretty on point since the beginning of last season). You won't take it back and that's fine.

Happy for Liverpool. Hope we can get some more big games and performances. Still don't like the hoofball but eh...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Remember YNWA14 making a million statements and one of them ends up being correct for a period of time..... amazing.....

This year Sissoko is better than Eriksen. I guess that makes Sissoko the better player since now is the only thing that matters. Maybe Spurs should get 100m+ for Sissoko as well....

Sorry. A bit over the top, but I guess I just dislike those kind of posts....
Cool, I assume you dislike all the flaming, bashing and such that goes on on this board that creates posts like these and are just as vocal against them too.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Would like to draw Liverpool, fun match-up and you gotta beat the best to win anyways

That's how I look at the competition. Sorry but when Liverpool got back in this competition I didn't imagine them playing Porto two years in a row, I thought of them playing teams like Bayern, Juve, RM, Barcelona.

Now that Liverpool scalped one of them pretty good I would like to play another. I really did not think that the only goal Bayern would score would be by Matip, all things considered this was a fantastic performance. Liverpool dominated the tie and could have won by far more.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Just happy to see Madrid out. Modric being the best player in the world is equivalent to saying "that guy is good in the room, or good without the puck" Good MF but his position clearly shows that he doesnt have much impact on final scores and thats what truly matters.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Anyway, it's pointless to talk about since this board is toxic and has a very specific type of narrative (just look at Havre and LITN's posts, even though I've been pretty on point since the beginning of last season). You won't take it back and that's fine.

The only thing toxic is when people go around gloating that they're right. You don't see me going around talking about how I was right about Bayern or any of that shit. In fact I haven't posted in that thread at all since I said last season Kovac would hurt Bayern very badly. You should learn that nobody really cares to begin with if you're right or not, but if you're going to gloat about something, your wrongness is just going to look even worse and lead to people pointing out how wrong you often are.

I'm just glad we won and don't feel any need to make any ridiculous statements about player quality when they aren't supported by fact. Salah has three players surrounding him at nearly all times now. Yes, he will score less goals. He still has a lot of assists and Sadio, great as he is, does not. They are both obviously very top players, but I think it's clear one is better than the other.

Reactions: Havre

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I wonder where did those VAR sucks guys go on the only goal by Lyon lol

Another thing our German overloads lost a combined aggregate 13-3... wonder why I didn't get called out or mentioned half as many times as I did last round. LOL

Reactions: Cassano

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Also the best player in this history of the Champions league, EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, and La liga showed why today. He wasn't anything special but managed a brace and two assists. A pass that the rest of the world could only dream of thinking about let alone try.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Another thing our German overloads lost a combined aggregate 13-3... wonder why I didn't get called out or mentioned half as many times as I did last round. LOL

I don't think you can combine FC Bayern and Schalke in any meaningful way, only Liverpool actually achieved anything.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Also the best player in this history of the Champions league, EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, and La liga showed why today. He wasn't anything special but managed a brace and two assists. A pass that the rest of the world could only dream of thinking about let alone try.

Who is this player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad