Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Juve deserved to win, but why in the world was the PK not VAR'ed

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Strong game from Juve but I'm incredibly disappointed in Atleti. I mean sure you can lose to Juve, but not like this. That was so weak, so cowardly, so un-Atleti. Just embarrassing.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Wasn't a pen , but I don't see the point in debating it for an hour on the internet.

I knew Atletico would sit back , but I didn't expect them to provide almost nothing on the counter. What's the deal with Diego Costa? I don't follow La Liga that closely -- I'd much rather have him as my outlet than friggin' Morata.

Reactions: Gecklund

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So I went back and watched it like 50 times.

Correa's left leg clips Bernardeshi's right heel as he's running which pushes it over to his left calf and causes him to fall.

It's a clear pen when you see that contact.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
No touch. He clipped his own foot himself.

Kuijpers literally mimicked the push Correa gave Berna there.
We can debate whether it was or wasn't a penalty (for me a softish one, but a "yes" - you're asking for trouble pushing people in the back, and if the attacker makes a meal out of it, you're in trouble), but it was not for a foot clip or whatever - it was for the push.

But do go on, tell us against how Monaco was robbed by the refs against Juve in 16/17.

Atletico showed absolutely nothing, I'm glad they're out. They're quality players, but Simeone's made s*ithouse behaviour his brand.
Almost the entire team is appalling in their behavior and that's only in addition to play the most negative football this side of Pecos.

Juve deserved, they went after it, and I'm glad they're through.

Oh, Dybala was class when he came on. He seemed more mobile than usual, glided past players more than he usually does.

Reactions: gary69

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Kuijpers literally mimicked the push Correa gave Berna there.
We can debate whether it was or wasn't a penalty (for me a softish one, but a "yes" - you're asking for trouble pushing people in the back, and if the attacker makes a meal out of it, you're in trouble), but it was not for a foot clip or whatever - it was for the push.

That's why the ref gave it, although he was already going down by the time the actual force of the push hit so the push wasn't actually a foul.

VAR didn't send it for review because of the heel clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->