GWT: Champions League Round of 16 II

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Nothing absurd in what I wrote, hence the english bookies argument. It was clear as say that the BVB fan used the "nice draw" to talk about his team. Only you has chosen to consider he wasn't.

Even your interpretation of "nice draw" (which was divided from the sentence about the Monaco-BVB tie by a paragraph, which you just choose to ignore, for some reason) isn't "highly underrating" Monaco, when 6 out of the 7 alternative draws are worse or just as bad. You haven't even debated that. Calling that highly underrating Monaco does remain absurd.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I have. I've debated that I don't think 6 of the 7 teams were worse draws than Monaco.
YOU chose to ignore that.

But don't get "bent into shape".

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
What speaks for Dortmund is that they are a very strong home team. They havnt lost since 33 games.
If Sokratis/Bartra played together the D didnt look to bad.
I see Dortmund as favorite if the have a healthy squad (a healthy Reus is important).

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I have. I've debated that I don't think 6 of the 7 teams were worse draws than Monaco.
How about you stop falsifying my statements? I said draws "worse or just as bad". You haven't mentioned any of those six teams as an easier draw for Dortmund. All you said was that Monaco could beat anyone, which applies to all of those teams (minus Leicester). You haven't named a single team that is an easier draw than Monaco in your own opinion. So, no, you have not debated that. At all.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Can't wait to see Monaco and their tinpot stadium rinsed by future Real Madrid superstar Aubamayang. Double figures imminent, surely.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How about you stop falsifying my statements? I said draws "worse or just as bad". You haven't mentioned any of those six teams as an easier draw for Dortmund. All you said was that Monaco could beat anyone, which applies to all of those teams (minus Leicester). You haven't named a single team that is an easier draw than Monaco in your own opinion. So, no, you have not debated that. At all.

Actually I have.

Can't wait to see Monaco and their tinpot stadium rinsed by future Real Madrid superstar Aubamayang. Double figures imminent, surely.

Former Monaco player Aubameyang in fact.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Actually I have.

Found it - Atletico. Kind of creative, but ok. So, that's Leicester and Atletico as draws that you consider to be easier than Monaco. So, obviously, a BVB fan doesn't get to feel it's a "nice draw" because of that, without highly underrating Monaco. I guess everyone can and already has judged whether that's absurd or not.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What speaks for Dortmund is that they are a very strong home team. They havnt lost since 33 games.
If Sokratis/Bartra played together the D didnt look to bad.
I see Dortmund as favorite if the have a healthy squad (a healthy Reus is important).

If Ginter plays, we might as well just not show up. :help:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Found it - Atletico. Kind of creative, but ok. So, that's Leicester and Atletico as draws that you consider to be easier than Monaco. So, obviously, a BVB fan doesn't get to feel it's a "nice draw" because of that, without highly underrating Monaco. I guess everyone can and already has judged whether that's absurd or not.

Indeed.
Also those english bookies are quite a proof of absurdity.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
His ruthless desire to play for big teams will ensure no lingering sentimentality remains. He will ruin them.
Haha, his showing at AC Milan (back when it was a big club) sure shows he has made some big strides.
I remember Gary asking me about him years ago. I said he was nothing more than a sprinter with hot streaks. :D

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You judge it as a fair post. I find that to be absurd and ridiculous.
Bookies prove Monaco is underrated. Just like PB's post.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I should add that former Monaco player Glenn Hoddle (who believes disabled people are being punished for sins in a past life) was hoping Leicester drew Monaco, firmly believing them to be the easiest draw giving them the best chance of advancing.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I think Atletico were clearly the best draw for Leicester because of the kind of game the two teams play. It gives them their best chance, not to be mistaken for a good one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad