GWT: Champions League Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
That just gives the bayern players more time to crack that athleti defense. I'm fine with either situation that allows for an Athletico-Bayern final.

That's why I want to see them play twice.

I understand Citeh are way out of their weight class here, so I'm just hoping for the most interesting matchups.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Club alliances aside and focusing only on the managers themselves, am I the only one that would love to see Pellegrini take down Guardiola in the CL final, right before Pep's switch to City?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Don't understand the 6 minutes of added time anyway I look at it.
Three subs were made before the 90th. Even with 1:30 added to that by the ref, that's 3 minutes.

And keep in mind I'm not a UEFAlona conspiracy fan at all. But it just boggles my mind sometimes the piss poor quality of reffing (just like Bayern against Benfica).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Club alliances aside and focusing only on the managers themselves, am I the only one that would love to see Pellegrini take down Guardiola in the CL final, right before Pep's switch to City?

That would be pretty funny despite being highly unlikely.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Don't understand the 6 minutes of added time anyway I look at it.
Three subs were made before the 90th. Even with 1:30 added to that by the ref, that's 3 minutes.

And keep in mind I'm not a UEFAlona conspiracy fan at all. But it just boggles my mind sometimes the piss poor quality of reffing (just like Bayern against Benfica).

That happened because there was like 15 seconds of actually play during the first 3 minutes of stoppage time.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Well Benfica made it far closer than I thought it was going to be. Gj.

And I just love Atletico

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Real is going to win. Ronaldo is on a mission, he won't stop until there are no more critics to silence. I must admit I was very critical of him around January, but he bounced back admirably.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Messi scoreless in 5 matches. Was he even playing today?

Meanwhile Ronaldo came up huge for Real Madrid to get them into the semis! :laugh: Clearly not a big game player.

Football is funny sometimes.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
how do atl keep getting so far? They aren't a traditional "big" club?

486108037-diego-simeone-coach-of-club-atletico-de-gettyimages.jpg

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Based on the comments in this thread, I'm sad I missed the closing part of the Barca/Atleti game. Will have to troll for highlight replays when I get home.

Jan 3, 2012
Easy there. I get that it's CR7 fans time to poke fun at Messi, but it was Wolfsburg. Lewandowski scored 5 goals in ~10 minutes after coming off of the bench against them.

So what you're saying is Lewandowski is better than Ronaldo? :sarcasm:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Diego Simeone best coach in the world. What a guy.

If the Liga slips away from Barca too then I don't see how Lucho survives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad