GWT: Champions League Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Lol City in the semi's and not Barca? Who had that before the round started? Atleast PSG losing I wouldn't have expected. Madrid is an underrated squad because no Messi or Ronaldo

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Brana and Dave outplayed him last season tbh.

I don't claim to know much about how things went for chelsea. I find Mourinho pretty boring tactically, so don't often pay attention to his clubs, outside of that stretch where he managed a team with two german NT starters on it.

Just was impressed by Baba at Augsburg, and Luis with Athletico, so it seemed a good place to make a joke.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The clown Italian referee who protected the ultimate disgusting cheaters Neymar and Suarez got what they deserved. Barcelona was once a real club now with those piece of $hits they are the bottom of the barrel. Good riddance.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
City - Real, Atletico - Bayern.

I would imagine those will be the match-ups. They're also match-ups that could go either way. Real have a very shaky defence, and Atletico could really make things difficult for Bayern.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Shocking how both teams finished with 11 when neither of them should have. Obviously Iniesta shouldn't have been on to make the cross leading the handball, but I'm surprised Gabi wasn't given his second yellow even after the referee didn't give the penalty.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Now that Barcelona is out it's pretty much a must-win for Bayern if Guardiola doesn't want his time in Munich to be remembered as a disappointment.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
So let's dissect the "referee"'s game : Red Card Suarez= NO Red Card Neymar=No Red Card Iniesta=NO Penalty Barcelona= No

Nice job referee way to go. We know why you are there all the time, because the heads of referee are all Italians...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I want Real-Bayern & Athletico-Citeh for the Semis. Having just 90 minutes against Athleti is our best bet to avoid seeing Bayern lift another CL trophy; and watching them & Real put up goal totals that would make Bettman wet in the SF, would be fun.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Shocking how both teams finished with 11 when neither of them should have. Obviously Iniesta shouldn't have been on to make the cross leading the handball, but I'm surprised Gabi wasn't given his second yellow even after the referee didn't give the penalty.
If Martinez can finish the Benfica game, no player in the other game could see a red card.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So let's dissect the "referee"'s game : Red Card suarez= NO Red Card Neymar=No Red Card Iniesta=NO Penalty Barcelona= No

Nice job referee way to go. We know why you are there all the time, because the heads of referee are all Italians...

Gabi second yellow also no.

Was pretty clear the referee had orders not to send anyone off, or that he decided he wasn't going to do so no matter what.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Real could beat Bayern; they made pretty easy work of them in their last match-up.

I think all the match-ups are interesting except a Real/Atletico semi.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The problem is the referee had already wet his pants on Suarez Neymar and Iniesta so he could not do the right call for the penalty...This Italian referee is ALWAYS like that NO BALLS. and the master of protecting the bigger team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad