GWT: Champions League Matchday 5: 11/24 - 11/25

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lyon leading 1-0 but Genk goalie has stopped a goal with his hand outside the box. Should have been red and free kick.
Amazing to miss that. It was so obvious !

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
So looking like Arsenal will need to win in Greece by two goals next matchday

Group G is setting up nicely if Dynamo Kiev can hold on to the win, could be a group where 10 points is not enough to qualify

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Neymar clearly wanted to show off. He tried to embarass the goalie and I cheered when he missed it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lol Lyon. Another shameful display. And not even trying on the last corner, allowing the defeat.

With that said, the turning point of the game was that handball preventing Lacazette from scoring.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Shameful? I think Lyon played a good 2nd half, they easily could have won.

Wasn't like the first game where they were completely dominated by Gent.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nah, they didn't create anything. Can you remember big chances they got?
They didn't. La Gantoise even had the upper hand in the first half.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
At least Gent have secured more European football. Up to them to stay in the CL or play EL now. Quite an impressive feat for a first appearance.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Nah, they didn't create anything. Can you remember big chances they got?
They didn't. La Gantoise even had the upper hand in the first half.

Lacazette had a huge chance right at the end but his shot was cleared or else another Lyon player had a wide open net. That's the best one I can remember.

But this is pretty insane for a club like Gent. First championship in their history and now on the verge of surviving the CL group stage. Although beating Zenit, even if already qualified, will still be extremely hard.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
So the tie-breaker is goal difference and then head-to-head or only head-to-head?

It makes it interesting for Chelsea and Arsenal going into the final day to say the least.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Group E
Barcelona win the group; Roma have the advantage of knowing a win at home against BATE will be enough. Leverkusen need help from BATE but more importantly they need a result against Barcelona. Even BATE is still alive, they need a win away in Rome and hope Leverkusen don't win

Group F
Bayern win the group; Olympiakos-Arsenal fight for second, Arsenal need to win by 2 goals or anything above 3:2.

Group G
One of the tighter groups; Chelsea and Porto on top with 10 points but they play each other at Stamford Bridge while Dynamo Kiev are expected to win at home against MTA. The winner of Chelsea-Porto will win the group while loser are eliminated. Should Chelsea-Porto end in a draw then we will have an 11-11-11 group :amazed:

Group H
Zenit win the group; Gent host Zenit and control their own destiny. Valencia host Lyon and must win while hope Gent don't win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad