GWT: Champions League Matchday 4: 11/3 - 11/4

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
i am watching that brithish stream with the old cb from england. curently they review bayern-arsenal. will they show highlights from the complete game day as well ?

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I doubt that'll happen.

Arsenal are likely through to the round of 16.

And good on Chelsea for attacking in the final 10 mins.

So Arsenal is 6 points behind Olympiakos, who won at Arsenal, and are playing excellent ball now, yet it's impossible for Olympiakos to get a point? :huh: Olympiakos is the team "likely through to the round of 16."

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So Arsenal is 6 points behind Olympiakos, who won at Arsenal, and are playing excellent ball now, yet it's impossible for Olympiakos to get a point? :huh: Olympiakos is "likely through to the round of 16."

Don't worry, you know Olympiacos is through. Judging by your flag you may be a fan. Enjoy it

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
So Arsenal is 6 points behind Olympiakos, who won at Arsenal, and are playing excellent ball now, yet it's impossible for Olympiakos to get a point? :huh: Olympiakos is the team "likely through to the round of 16."

Well it's not like Arsenal are on bad form either, they've made superior teams like Man Utd, Bayern, Everton look silly in recent weeks.

I think Arsenal are going to lay an absolute drubbing on them the final match - provided the expected results hold (Arsenal beat Dinamo, Bayern beat Olympiakos at Allianz)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Well it's not like Arsenal are on bad form either, they've made superior teams like Man Utd, Bayern, Everton look silly in recent weeks.

I think Arsenal are going to lay an absolute drubbing on them the final match - provided the expected results hold (Arsenal beat Dinamo, Bayern beat Olympiakos at Allianz)
Arsenal haven't garnered a single point away from home, yet you think they'll beat down a team that worked Arsenal over in London. Okay.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Arsenal weren't in the same form then as they are now. That's quite easy to see.

1) Olympiakos are unreal at home. It's not as easy as you may think.

2) Do you actually think Arsenal will be in the same "form", in a month?

3) They still have to beat Dinamo, who they already lost to.

4) You say form, yet Arsenal just lost to Sheffield Wednesday 3-0, only 2 games ago.

5) 12%

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
1) Olympiakos are unreal at home. It's not as easy as you may think.

2) Do you actually think Arsenal will be in the same "form", in a month?

3) They still have to beat Dinamo, who they already lost to.

4) You say form, yet Arsenal just lost to Sheffield Wednesday 3-0, only 2 games ago.

5) 12%

1) I don't think it'll be easy, but I feel confident the team will find a way through. Then they'll lose to Barca in the round of 16.

2) Shouldn't be an issue given Dinamo's recent form.

3) They had Debuchy, Chambers, Campbell, Iwobi, Kamara, Bielik and Bennacer appear in that match. That was pretty much the youth team.

4) Never tell me the odds. :)

Ooops skipped over the second one, but I doubt they'll be in the same form. They can't get much worse than when the teams first met though. (I hope)

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
1) I don't think it'll be easy, but I feel confident the team will find a way through. Then they'll lose to Barca in the round of 16.

2) Shouldn't be an issue given Dinamo's recent form.

3) They had Debuchy, Chambers, Campbell, Iwobi, Kamara, Bielik and Bennacer appear in that match. That was pretty much the youth team.

4) Never tell me the odds. :)

There is also the fact that Olympiakos are running away with it in the domestic league. They will be able to rest players before the match.

You need depth to compete in the Champion's League, which Arsenal doesn't have, as shown in your previous post. They face Sunderland the match before so there's a little bit of hope.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Arsenal will have to beat Olympiakos either with at least two goals difference or at least 3:2 in order to advance. Calling them "likely through to the round of 16" appears to be a very bold statement to me as well; Arsenal's best bet may be the propensity for fireworks of Greek fans...

Gruß,
BSHH

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
There is also the fact that Olympiakos are running away with it in the domestic league. They will be able to rest players before the match.

You need depth to compete in the Champion's League, which Arsenal doesn't have, as shown in your previous post. They face Sunderland the match before so there's a little bit of hope.

Arsenal have depth, unfortunately they're all injured so you may be right on that one.

If Welbeck and Wilshere were healthy, I think things would be a lot smoother.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Arsenal have depth, unfortunately they're all injured so you may be right on that one.

If Welbeck and Wilshere were healthy, I think things would be a lot smoother.

You're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Although, being an Arsenal fan, you're used to it. :sarcasm: :)

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
even if Arsenal progress they will once again lost in the R16, unless they draw Zenit and even then I'm sure Wenger will underestimate them like he does all the time against teams not named Bayern/Barca in recent years

I give Arsenal more than 12% which the SPI says but the fact Arsenal are in this position is laughable. Losing to Dinamo Zagreb in general is laughable, they haven't won a CL match since the late 90s and the strongest European team they beat in recent years is probably Celtic :laugh:

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
even if Arsenal progress they will once again lost in the R16, unless they draw Zenit and even then I'm sure Wenger will underestimate them like he does all the time against teams not named Bayern/Barca in recent years

I give Arsenal more than 12% which the SPI says but the fact Arsenal are in this position is laughable. Losing to Dinamo Zagreb in general is laughable, they haven't won a CL match since the late 90s and the strongest European team they beat in recent years is probably Celtic :laugh:

Arsenal wouldn't beat Zenit, IMO. They are an impressive side. I'm not saying they can win it all but, in the games I've seen, they look like a nice, tidy team who are deadly on the counter-attack.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
All I can say is Hulk is a beast. Dzyuba is clicking well with him.

There you go, CSKA, that's how you play an away game.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
2009 CL: Olympiakos 1-0 Arsenal
2011 CL: Olympiakos 3-1 Arsenal
2012 CL: Olympiakos 2-1 Arsenal

Not sure how any Arsenal fan can think going to Greece is a formality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad