GWT: Champions League Matchday 4: 11/3 - 11/4

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Roma might regret those missed opportunities. We know a 2 goal lead isn't safe with this lot. Salah may have scored but he's the worst. Bothers me so much.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Well that was pathetic. Wenger out. Hope we finish 4th so he's not tempted to put out the 1st team in the Europa League.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I can live with a 10-0 drubbing as long as that diving POS Robben doesn't score.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I watched, the game, you haven't.

"Ok", if you say so.

But sure, you still can't understand the better team doesn't always win.

Except that's not what I was commenting on. The better team can lose quite easily to even the worst of teams. What I was commenting on was you saying 'PSG are clearly a better team' because of one game, that was not necessarily representative of either team's full strength. You definitely can't glean that from just one game...especially a game in which PSG had every opportunity to win against a weakened RM and couldn't.

That's why Wigan was better than City that year they beat them in the FA Cup.
Oldham was also a better team than Liverpool the year before. Well they beat them 3-2.
By your reasonning....

Except that's not my reasoning, but ok. You're working under some absolute that because PSG played better on the day that they are obviously a better team -- especially within a game in which RM were far from playing at full strength, and they didn't play all that well.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Arsenal have been molded into a side that is incapable of winning must-win games, which European games always are. They can't get the result at all costs, and it's why they'll never succeed in Europe. When facing elimination as Arsenal nearly are, it's imperative that they do anything to get a point, even play the most negative football imaginable if necessary. They didn't.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
"Ok", if you say so.

Except that's not what I was commenting on. The better team can lose quite easily to even the worst of teams. What I was commenting on was you saying 'PSG are clearly a better team' because of one game, that was not necessarily representative of either team's full strength. You definitely can't glean that from just one game...especially a game in which PSG had every opportunity to win against a weakened RM and couldn't.

Except that's not my reasoning, but ok. You're working under some absolute that because PSG played better on the day that they are obviously a better team -- especially within a game in which RM were far from playing at full strength, and they didn't play all that well.

Once again, it's because you haven't watched the game.

It's really like that Bayern/Arsenal game. One team on the pitch, the other one is just trying to survive. There's one class of difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad