GWT: Champions League Matchday 3: 10/20 - 10/21

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, but he also doesn't have Suarez, Neymar, Messi, and El Haddadi who all can play the striker position in front of him.

If you think my formation is awful, you need a lobotomy.

He's head and shoulder above Munir.

In any case, Dybala isn't leaving. He'll fight for his minutes and force Allegri's hand, he's still the top scorer on the team with his limited minutes.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, but he also doesn't have Suarez, Neymar, Messi, and El Haddadi who all can play the striker position in front of him.

If you think my formation is awful, you need a lobotomy.

Munir wouldn't play in front of him and the club is consistently rumored to be bringing in another attacking player.

No, you need a clue. That formation as you posted it would very obviously get overrun in midfield, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
How about Hulk though ? Dominating every CL game so far.

Shockingly Zenit is the only team with 100% record left.

CSKA had a great first half where they totally outplayed Man Utd and should have been ahead 2-0.

Then another abysmal second half performance and after conceding a goal, they just wanted to hold on to the draw. United had no problem with that.

Now, CSKA must not lose at Old Trafford to keep their chances alive

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How about Hulk though ? Dominating every CL game so far.

Shockingly Zenit is the only team with 100% record left.

CSKA had a great first half where they totally outplayed Man Utd and should have been ahead 2-0.

Then another abysmal second half performance and after conceding a goal, they just wanted to hold on to the draw. United had no problem with that.

Now, CSKA must not lose at Old Trafford to keep their chances alive

I still don't like the way AVB is using Witsel, but they do play much better football now that they've accepted Hulk as their star player and he's settled into that role. Dzyuba's really surprised me; as I had started to give up on him as just another big talented striker who couldn't put it all together to become effective, at least before his success on loan that got him the NT looks and Zenit transfer.

Still not sure how well they'll do when they run into the really top teams as I have my questions with how they will do when they are no longer outclassing their opposition; but they are getting the results they should be getting and that is a big step. And they can play that tough style that disrupts the flow of the game, which could give them a chance for Hulk and their counters/set-pieces to pull an upset even when they run into a more talented team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad