GWT: Champions League Matchday 3: 10/20 - 10/21

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aurier toying with Marcelo and then with Ronaldo but ref managed to give a free kick to Ronaldo... :shakehead

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cheryshev with the best foul of the game. Prevents a 3 on 2 for PSG 5 minutes from the end.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aurier getting whistled and then booked for *not* touching Casemiro...

Ref is awful, for both teams.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Gladbach get their first points against a very average Juve side, Gladbach though didn't get a single shot on target

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Looked like they were trying to give the game away in the final 5 minutes or so.

A bit disappointed they didn't finish their chances but a draw isn't the worst result. Hopefully they win the home match in two weeks.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
big win for City, aided as well by the Juve result but City still have to go to Seville and Turin in the campaign so its not really smooth sailing yet.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Heartbreaking for Sevilla. The better team all of the match and de Bruyne puts a simple goal in on the counter in extra time. City had no pressure in midfield; didn't hinder Sevilla's passing game at all. Sevilla had complete control of the half spaces in buildup, just not enough finesse in the final third, as their best chances were all crosses into headers. Krychowiak had a great game on both sides of the ball. Really impressive stuff.

Sevilla can still qualify, but they should have had an easier second leg of the group stage.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
All the posession but zero threat forward apart from those few minutes leading up to Martial's goal.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
No he got booked because he kicked the ball out of frustration after the dumb call by the ref.
No phantom call, no yellow.

You just said the same thing as me. Kicking the ball = time wasting. Out of frustration or otherwise it's a bookable offense. Yes the ref was wrong about the "foul" on Casemiro but Aurier lacked maturity (one of the weaknesses in his game) by acting out.

You're *****ing about that when Verratti could've easily not been on the pitch for a good 15-20 minutes and missed the next game too. The ref had a pretty awful game, but both sides have reasons to be frustrated.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG disappointing IMO.
No rhythm offensively. The 4-3-3 with Cavani on the left is not going anywhere.
Put Ibra on the bench, play with Pastore in midfield and Lucas and Di Maria on the sides.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You just said the same thing as me. Kicking the ball = time wasting. Out of frustration or otherwise it's a bookable offense. Yes the ref was wrong about the "foul" on Casemiro but Aurier lacked maturity (one of the weaknesses in his game) by acting out.

You're *****ing about that when Verratti could've easily not been on the pitch for a good 15-20 minutes and missed the next game too. The ref had a pretty awful game, but both sides have reasons to be frustrated.

HELLO?????
I said the ref was BAD FOR BOTH SIDES !

And Aurier was frustrated because Rizzoli just made up a call there, like he has all game.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Pogba has the potential to be the best, but Verratti is my favorite 8 in the game atm...though Ilkay is getting closer and closer to the kind of form that made him our NTs best player before his back was broken by Bane.

The conversation starts with Modric imo. Pogba is a really nice player, but I wouldn't want my club to pay 80M+ for him even if they had that money. Kroos probably belongs below the likes of Modric and Verratti, but still top 5 easily for me. My other favorites who can be at the top depending on form/consistency are Iniesta, Kovacic, Thiago, Enzo Perez, David Silva, and of course Gündogan. Those aren't necessarily the next best central mids, but they're my favorites among players for the top clubs.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
HELLO?????

130314092806118373.gif

I said the ref was BAD FOR BOTH SIDES !

And Aurier was frustrated because Rizzoli just made up a call there, like he has all game.

Now you're just arguing for the sake of argument.

Did I say you said the ref wasn't bad for both sides? No.

Was the ref wrong with foul on Casemiro? Yes.

Was Aurier frustrated with the call (and previous calls)? ****ing duh.

Was Aurier wrong to kick the ball out of frustration and deserved the subsequent booking? Yes.

Move on.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So my original point was right and ME I'm the one who's arguing for the sake of arguing?

Really? Nabila indeed :laugh:

I said the ref wrongfully booked Aurier since there was zero foul on Casimero. If he hadn't called that stupid foul, no yellow would have been given. Period. Stop *****ing for the sake of *****ing.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Love Verratti but my god he makes some dumb ass tackles sometimes.

This is why I'd love to see a Xhaka-Verratti midfield parntership try to stay on the field together :laugh: Both exceptionally talented with simply beautiful passing radius's and two of the most hotheaded/rash players in the game today.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gladbach get their first points against a very average Juve side, Gladbach though didn't get a single shot on target

They started running out of gas 50-55 minutes in and the bringing Pereyra on really strangled the midfield for Juve; if Allegri had brought Pereyra on without removing one of his only wide threats they probably would've won. But luckily for BMG he took Cuadrado off and later brought Zaza on to secure the not-win.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The conversation starts with Modric imo. Pogba is a really nice player, but I wouldn't want my club to pay 80M+ for him even if they had that money. Kroos probably belongs below the likes of Modric and Verratti, but still top 5 easily for me. My other favorites who can be at the top depending on form/consistency are Iniesta, Kovacic, Thiago, Enzo Perez, David Silva, and of course Gündogan. Those aren't necessarily the next best central mids, but they're my favorites among players for the top clubs.

How did I spaz on modric wow...see what happened is that I meant the best young 8 and modric is no longer young...whoops. Yeah Modric is the cream of the crop and I'm very high on Rakitic and Thiago as well, but I prefer Veratti and Ilkay to those two...though Thiago has the talent to be the best (Pogba at full potential included) if he stays fit and keeps building his form/confidence.

Iniesta has underwhelmed me too often in the past couple seasons, though he's still in the conversation; and Kovacic is a player I'm just not yet sold on. I see the ball control and long passes, but I've not yet seen enough out of him to be sold on the mind and consistent passing touch to be in this conversation. Enzo Perez I can't comment on as I've not seen enough of him to have a strong opinion without having watched specifically to focus on him. He's looked nifty when I've seen Valencia but no where near the degree of obvious control over the match that Modric/Verratti/Ilkay/Thiago have. He's struck me as more the Moutinho class.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Juve havn't scored in 180 minutes, Dybala played about 20 of those minutes. Keep playing **** players like Zaza Allgeri.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Christensen playing a lot more than expected lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->