GWT: Champions League Matchday 3: 10/20 - 10/21

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think every Arsenal fan is expecting Bayern to destroy them in Munich. :laugh: It's gonna be Old Trafford 8-2 type of thrashing.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Suck it Bayern Munich.

Didn't watch the game, because I'm an adult and can't phone in to work anymore, but I'm sure Arsenal had 95% possession and pelted Neuer with bullets all day.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nice win for us. Team played well and never looked in real danger. Created plenty of chances as well. Work rate and defensive work in the midfield and the opponent's half was good. Neymar stepping up again in Messi's absence as he did well setting up both goals. Rakitic taking his chances well. Good to see Bartra get the minutes, but bad to see Sergi go out injured.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How is that mutually exclusive?

I said so myself in another post. But Neuer's brainfart doesn't make Giroux being hit by the ball without knowing where it is and unintentionally deflecting it in with his arm any less flukey. As hell.
I gotta disagree with you on this one, if Neuer never did his brainfart, the random curve of the ball would have never landed and hit Giroud like a meteorite from the sky. You're seeing it as a fluke after Neuer made the stupid play, while I am seeing it directly responsible from Neuer being an idiot causing unknown and random bounces to due to his mistake. But don't think I hate Neuer or anything here, he is best goalkeeper in the world as far as I am concerned.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I gotta disagree with you on this one, if Neuer never did his brainfart, the random curve of the ball would have never landed and hit Giroud like a meteorite from the sky. You're seeing it as a fluke after Neuer made the stupid play, while I am seeing it directly responsible from Neuer being an idiot causing unknown and random bounces to due to his mistake. But don't think I hate Neuer or anything here, he is best goalkeeper in the world as far as I am concerned.

Nah, it's all good, I understand where you're coming from, and I don't take it as hating on him. I do see it a bit differently, maybe, probably not even that, just from a different perspective, I suppose. Sure, he absolutely shouldn't have left any room for chance to turn this into a goal. He should have eliminated the possibility of a fluke there, I can understand that primary point of view. That's how Neuer himself looks at it, and when reviewing Neuer for the game, that's how I look at it, too. In the grand scheme, though, in a chain of events that leads to a certain result, as soon as one link is a fluke, the result becomes a fluke, IMO. So, I'd still call the goal a fluke. Not to take any blame away from Neuer on that one, though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I can get calling it a fluke because Neuer making that mistake was flukey; but once the mistake happened I wouldn't call it flukey just because it went off of Giroud's arm before going in.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
DMs ae so underrated that he won't get any recognition as one of the best in the game, but frankly, Verratti is a top 10 player in the world. Possibly more.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
DMs ae so underrated that he won't get any recognition as one of the best in the game, but frankly, Verratti is a top 10 player in the world. Possibly more.

Pogba has the potential to be the best, but Verratti is my favorite 8 in the game atm...though Ilkay is getting closer and closer to the kind of form that made him our NTs best player before his back was broken by Bane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->