Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
What the f*** is this? Game tied again.

200x200px-ZC-774c7d40_Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
So annoying. The team should just let me know beforehand if they're going to give a crap. Well, moreso let the fans making the expensive trip know. Could have so easily won this, just didn't care to put in the effort the opponent did.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Easy win. Bayern had no answer for Giroud when he came on.

And how about Bellerin on that last goal? He is quite possibly the most talented fullback I've seen. Besides Alves.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nice call, cgf! :)

Vidal is the guy I would have taken off, so I get part of my wish, as well. Would have preferred Rode, though.

Rode or even an aggressive move like bringing Coman on and moving Mueller up next to Lewy would have made more sense than Rafinha.

Either way kudos to arsenal. They stuck with it and saved their CL season with a crucial win. I've mocked their fans for how they've hyped previous results against Bayern, but this was a well earned win that Bayern had no excuse to be so sloppy in.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Great performance by Arsenal. Clearly the better team tonight. Time to lose 3-1 in Munich next

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Rode or even an aggressive move like bringing Coman on and moving Mueller up next to Lewy would have made more sense than Rafinha.
Yeah. Rafinha added nothing for that type of game. Müller was often isolated on the wing - before that sub, and even more after. That's not even all on Rafinha, because the guys in the middle just didn't get out of a jog to help out. It was fuel efficiency mode all night. :shakehead

Either way kudos to arsenal. They stuck with it and saved their CL season with a crucial win. I've mocked their fans for how they've hyped previous results against Bayern, but this was a well earned win that Bayern had no excuse to be so sloppy in.
Meh, it was really the same as those games. Given the table, the Bayern team obviously felt they had nothing to play for. Which is not an actual excuse, but they sure played as though they believed it is. Maybe they'll actually show up for the return leg. This was the 1st leg vs Porto / Shaktar, late group game vs City all over again, to a tee.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dinamo got robbed by the referee, great, its about time with their antics in the league :laugh:

Good comeback by Leverkusen, the defending was awful but results wise a draw in Rome in a few weeks should be enough to progress.

Chelsea drop points again but rather unfortunate, they were better than Dynamo who were hanging on

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The sheer emotion from Mertesacker and Ozil after the second goal. They must really hate Bayern. :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I didn't watch the game, just saw the highlights, but damn I missed a good one. Love it when Arsenal show their mighty side.
Yeah. Not a handball, flukey as hell, though.
Flukey as hell? That was Godawful goaltending by Neuer.

Poor SEPH having to watch his beloved Arsenal win.
You know what's going to happen right? Arsenal are now going to get thrashed in Allianz like 4-0 or 5-0, win the next two games, tie 2nd place in points, but still lose the tiedbreaker on GD.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Flukey as hell? That was Godawful goaltending by Neuer.

How is that mutually exclusive?

I said so myself in another post. But Neuer's brainfart doesn't make Giroux being hit by the ball without knowing where it is and unintentionally deflecting it in with his arm any less flukey. As hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->