Prospect Info: Champions Hockey League

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I maintain that Ylonen will likely be a 20-20 guy who has very good possession numbers.

Valuable for sure but I don't think he's gonna be a legit top 6 talent. But a guy who plays in your top six because he has skill, and possess the puck well and has such great speed.

Yup. Ive been saying it for a while now, after having him pretty high on account of his skill in my draft ranking, Ive seen a few flaws with extensive viewings. I dont think he has it in his head to be anything more than a Eller type with a bit better goalscoring and probably a lesser defensive/down low game.

Theres still hope that its a flaw that is augmented by the team he plays on, but Im not holding my breath.

Still a good pick and Id do it again 10/10, just like Collberg, Scherbak and Reway.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Yup. Ive been saying it for a while now, after having him pretty high on account of his skill in my draft ranking, Ive seen a few flaws with extensive viewings. I dont think he has it in his head to be anything more than a Eller type with a bit better goalscoring and probably a lesser defensive/down low game.

Theres still hope that its a flaw that is augmented by the team he plays on, but Im not holding my breath.

Still a good pick and Id do it again 10/10, just like Collberg, Scherbak and Reway.

If his game is suited for the bottom-6 it's great news. Could be a good complementary winger who can play up and down the line-up.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I maintain that Ylonen will likely be a 20-20 guy who has very good possession numbers.

Valuable for sure but I don't think he's gonna be a legit top 6 talent. But a guy who plays in your top six because he has skill, and possess the puck well and has such great speed.

what is it about his game that you think will cap his potential to become a legit top-6 guy?

with the tools he has, strikes me that the only thing at this point that would impede his ability to evolve them to a top-6 NHL level is work ethic/attitude/desire... from all accounts i can see thus far, those areas are strengths which would leave me pretty bullish on his ability to keep improving weakness areas until he gets to the level he's aiming for (which, as an NHL kid, is clearly going to be as a regular NHLer)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
what is it about his game that you think will cap his potential to become a legit top-6 guy?

with the tools he has, strikes me that the only thing at this point that would impede his ability to evolve them to a top-6 NHL level is work ethic/attitude/desire... from all accounts i can see thus far, those areas are strengths which would leave me pretty bullish on his ability to keep improving weakness areas until he gets to the level he's aiming for (which, as an NHL kid, is clearly going to be as a regular NHLer)

My question of him are based on IQ mostly, i've noticed a number of little things here and there but he's also a guy that I haven't seen enough of due to Liiga streams now being almost impossible to get in North America. But the physical tools are there, his speed, skating, acceleration to go with solid offensive skills. So we'll see how much can he progress and how much his IQ will either evolve or impact him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pelicans are up 1-0 after one period. Despite down on the scoreboard, Lausanne is the better team. Pelicans are not that impressive.

Ylönen was okay. Nothing great. He did make a bad decision on the PP at the end of the first. Pelicans won the face-off and Ylönen gets the puck and rushes a shot on net. It was blocked and the puck exited the zone. Pelicans had trouble gaining the zone after that. If Ylönen didn't rush the shot and instead was patient and held onto the puck, the Pelicans would have more zone time and better chance at a good PP.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pelicans lead 2-1 after two periods. That was a better period for the team. They looked more in sync than they did in the first period.

Ylönen a little more noticeable. But still nothing wow about his game today.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
over slept so I missed half the game but glad to see they are leading, they must win this game. Ylonen with good speed breaking into the offensive zone with the puck but then tries to go through 3 guys and turns it over. I'm sure his coach is shaking his head at that one.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That was Ylönen's best shift. Using his speed and bigger frame to charge around the offensive zone. Even successfully got the puck to the net twice to create some havoc in the crease as everyone was battling for the rebound.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So, I legit just found out those games are free on youtube. :shakehead

I could have sworn they charged but I haven't followed this tournament last year since we didn't have any prospects there and can't remember the last time I did follow it. So glad they are free though. Not sure if they have the replays, have only seen highlights posted. But they have 2 more games vs Minsk next month

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Lausanne wins it in the shootout. Ylönen was the 4th shooter for Pelicans, but missed (as did every other Pelicans shooter).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad