Champions Hockey League Gameday Discussion 2019/2020

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
The higher the prize money goes in the CHL, less Finnish teams will have a chance getting a share of it. Good job, guys! ":clap:"
The curse of good did. A training league that exports many players. With the advantage that Finland has many elite players(NHL,KHL, Top-Drafts), but the league will be weaker in the long run.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
I wouldn't say there have been a lot of surprises but I must say German teams did slightly better than I expected. Both Augsburg and Mannheim only missed the next round by 1 goal against rather formidable opponents and Munchen will be in the quarters.

I have watched a fair amount of German hockey over the last few years, and the quality is improving every year. They seem to be on the same trajectory as Swiss hockey, although with more goal scoring :).

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Igor Brikun the goalie for Minsk kinda lost it on the fifth goal against, rather bodychecking the goal scorer Justin Schütz than trying to make a save.

That sequence starts at 2:04 of this video.

Zamboni Parade

Mar 12, 2014
Germany
Haha, I got home quite late last night and turned the tv on just in time for a replay of the Minsk goalie sort of giving up on saving the puck and running down Schütz instead. Made me think I was going to need some context here to make sense of that lol.

Poor guy substituting for him didn't have a great final few minutes either, got on the ice for the 5 min major that followed and got scored on on the first shot.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Biel almost took out Frölunda there, crazy finish.

No Swedish team has been eliminated by a non-Swedish team yet.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Must be a easy to be a fan of a swedish teams in the CHL. Lose=we didnt care, win=party tiem. Its a win win sitiation :D In all honesty though, I think that the SHL-teams are too far ahead of the others as of right now. A big probability that the final is going to be played among the swedes again. 10 finalists so far in this competition, 7 swedish teams, 2 finnish, 1 czech. 0 swiss or german :rolleyes: the czech could tie finns if Mountfield advances, otherwise the swedes make this even more of a landslide. JYP still the only team outside Sweden to win this.

Oberyn Martell

Dec 26, 2018
Must be a easy to be a fan of a swedish teams in the CHL. Lose=we didnt care, win=party tiem. Its a win win sitiation :D In all honesty though, I think that the SHL-teams are too far ahead of the others as of right now. A big probability that the final is going to be played among the swedes again. 10 finalists so far in this competition, 7 swedish teams, 2 finnish, 1 czech. 0 swiss or german :rolleyes: the czech could tie finns if Mountfield advances, otherwise the swedes make this even more of a landslide. JYP still the only team outside Sweden to win this.
Red Bull Munich was in the final last year so 0 german teams cannot be right

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

Love CHL. Unnecessary injuries from German sluggers since 2014 :naughty:

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I watched Frolunda - Lulea. Very good game !
Nice speed and intencity. But kinda simmered off at the end. Ran out of gas most likely and didn't want to give anything away for free. Tightening it up. But entertaining, absolutely.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Djurgården is medicore this year, they lost some players and some where injured. They are also in terrible shape. So im not suprised.
I haven't followed too closely but when I see semi final, Champions league, Swedish team and Czech team. I expect a loss.lol Sweden's crazy dominant at this one. Happy for Rucizka as the Czech side is very low scoring and he keeps pulling upset wins.

We got a Czech liga team to the finals of the Spengler, imagine another one in the Champions league? It'd be a nice little thing for our disorganized liga!

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Had the finals been an exclusively swedish affair the interest for it would have been very low. Good to see a Czech team against Frölunda again. That it is being played in Czech rep is also very good for the tourneys future.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Why is final game in Czech and not Sweden ? Wasn't Frolunda better ranked team than HK ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->