Champions Hockey League 2018-2019

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
Hows the coverage in Germany? How many viewers for the finals?
CHL games have all been broadcasted on free tv, but I think that the final isn't even watched by that many people, cause there is the DFB Pokal/ German football cup today and tomorrow. There is probably gonna be more people watching football I'd assume

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
CHL games have all been broadcasted on free tv, but I think that the final isn't even watched by that many people, cause there is the DFB Pokal/ German football cup today and tomorrow. There is probably gonna be more people watching football I'd assume
Football will always be top dog in Germany. Here as well but more so in Germany. Just curious to see some numbers if there are any.

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
Football will always be top dog in Germany. Here as well but more so in Germany. Just curious to see some numbers if there are any.
That migth even be the only reason they would show it in free tv. Broadcasting rigths would be way more expensive if it was more popular, so Sky or DZN or some other pay tv channel would probably be the only who could afford to get em. So it's not to bad for me.

Reactions: Slimmy

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
That migth even be the only reason they would show it in free tv. Broadcasting rigths would be way more expensive if it was more popular, so Sky or DZN or some other pay tv channel would probably be the only who could afford to get em. So it's not to bad for me.
Part of me is also happy that the CHL hasn't really caught on so that I can enjoy it on free TV.
It's awesome hockey, though.

Reactions: PenDuhNotPittsburgh

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
From the parts that I saw that was a nice showcase for the CHL. Between the play on the ice (the game was played at a pretty frantic pace and things got rather chippy) and the atmosphere in the arena, it certainly gave the impression that something important was a stake.

I guess the trick/hard part now is trying to replicate some of what we say today (specifically the atmosphere) to the earlier parts of the tournament.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
From the parts that I saw that was a nice showcase for the CHL. Between the play on the ice (the game was played at a pretty frantic pace and things got rather chippy) and the atmosphere in the arena, it certainly gave the impression that something important was a stake.

I guess the trick/hard part now is trying to replicate some of what we say today (specifically the atmosphere) to the earlier parts of the tournament.
Well said. I suspect, however, that the increased winnings for next years CHL tourney will have a positive effect on the teams motivation, will to do well and go deep in the tourney. Fans tend to take notice when teams go all in. Will be an important signal, if nothing else.

Eisdork

Jan 19, 2013
-
Hows the coverage in Germany? How many viewers for the finals?

400k for the finals. DEL games get in average around 250k.

This years CHL broadcasts got around 190k viewers in average, an increase of 90% over last year.

Reactions: Slimmy

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
A very strong statement by the Slovak champion from Banská Bystrica. The club will not apply for the upcoming season, because cannot risk losing much more money. They had a financial loss in the 2018-2019 & they do not want to repeat it again. That are words of the club´s President, the source.

Let's wait for further development. Zlin and Mountfield had very similar statements earlier but were forced to participate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad